November 2022 Challenge: DETAILS

Dallas

• Administrators

@danielm has chosen the theme for November. Please interpret as you'd like and post your entry(ies) in this thread. :) 

• Contributor

Like I said to Dallas, we use to say in french that the devil is in the details. Yes, we are concentrating ourselves to get a good picture composition , elect the right moment and set the camera skillfully but sometimes there is this particular detail that give to image its special feeling that the looker will remembers from all the preceding factors and photography can be a very surprising world.

I hope you a beautiful, quiet and inspiring November month and warm thanks for all the participants!

P1000095.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Applaud 1

A trace of light that survive a little further than the actual moment of flash.

photodanielm.blogspot.com

Daniel M on Flickr

• Contributor

This is the sort of thing that attracted me to photography in the first place, and probably why Cartier-Bresson was my earliest and still most important influence on me, and also why I like the discipline involved in film photography which forces the calculated release of the shutter at a certain moment, rather than the current "spray and pray" CH setting that the sound track to any video of a press conference or similar proves through the continuous shutter chatter that so many digital photographers use these days.

I'll offer this, just an ordinary, generic scene, using a Pentacon Six camera, just a single frame taken, composed, paused and shutter released at precisely the right moment:

TuGu01G.jpg

• Like 3
  • Applaud 1

• Contributor

Thank you very much Alan! The decisive moment is always between two automated shutter releases!😉

Ps. When looking to your beautifully composed picture,I can feel the intensity of that moment.

• Like 1

A trace of light that survive a little further than the actual moment of flash.

photodanielm.blogspot.com

Daniel M on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

It's the tiny details that catch one's eye, like what on earth is that kid's hand (and mouth) holding? Though I do like the dad's smile...109710517_inWangduePhodrang.jpg.b345c23b4ae8498702fdfa7460209386.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Alisdair said:

It's the tiny details that catch one's eye, like what on earth is that kid's hand (and mouth) holding?

Great pic! I'm guessing it's a hair pin? 

Is this in Tibet?

Close - Bhutan; I’d thought a couple of hair clips too, but hadn’t noticed them at all when I was taking the shot

• Like 1