September 2022 Challenge: Creative Flower Photography

Dallas

• Administrators

That is a super creative image, Dave! Excellent vision for this theme and I tell you something, I would happily hang that on a wall in my house. 

• 2 weeks later...

August had been a bit of a quiet month for me photo wise, however, spring has arrived and here are a couple of fresh spring flowers.   Also had an extra long weekend this week due to a dead queen and a game locally known as football that gave me time to get out and get these.

52382506893_822f2db41b_k.jpg

Flower113

52382506848_ecd0c0ea9f_k.jpg

Flower114 

Both shot with Fuji 70-300 on X-E3.  I did think that an even lower viewpoint on the snowdrops would be interesting, but the ground was very wet, so I gave that a miss.

• Like 2

On 12/09/2022 at 18:59, Alan7140 said:

The setup involved rolling around on the ground a bit, the lens, and as well the flowers as seen by a phone camera 😊:

Was the phone shot of the flowers from a position in front of the lens - if so, amazing example of the different perspectives due to focal length and image size!

Flower shot looks great even in black and white - your large format images are always so wonderful.

• Contributor
15 hours ago, crowecg said:

Was the phone shot of the flowers from a position in front of the lens - if so, amazing example of the different perspectives due to focal length and image size!

Flower shot looks great even in black and white - your large format images are always so wonderful.

Thanks, Chris.

Similar angle, but a lot closer to the flowers to render them roughly to scale - I don't know what the actual focal length of the phone camera lens is (as opposed to the "equivalent" nonsense), but the lens is only a couple of mm away from where I presume the sensor is; the 360mm camera lens was 560mm away from the film plane, however.

Edited by Alan7140