Meet Mildred

Dallas

• Administrators

She's the smaller of 2 little African objects d'Art I bought at Earth Lodge in Sabi Sabi some years ago. Originally intended as a voodoo doll to use to keep Ann in check (a little joke about her safari shenanigans) she now sits atop a speaker with her sister Gladys, watching all the goings on in the Fever Tree Studio. 

What's important to me about this image is that it is 98% directly out of camera and I have a pure white background all around the item. The only adjustments in Lightroom are to white and black points.

I've been working hard to perfect this type of e-Commerce shot for a long time and I think I have it right now. The white beads atop her head are still mostly there and don't bleed into the background. 

DALL0175.jpg

The title had me thinking you’d bought a dog!

Looks like you have got yourself a good setup their.  I guess your next challenge will be to see how it works with a predominately white object like a plastic bottle (I think you did some cosmetics a while back) or with glass (what is in your drinks cabinet?).

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well, I did 58 supplement bottles with white labels yesterday in the space of an hour, so happy client who paid about 10% of what he would have paid had I billed on my previous method of charging for this. They are very happy to do their own editing, so I was happy to supply them with raw files that look like this. 

DALL0191.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

And then today one of the most challenging things to come across my table was this mini stove thing with reflective everything. The client was actually another photographer who has left the country and is looking for somebody to take over a client of his. 

This is a quick composite edit of about 4 images I took for him (he's doing his own editing which is cool with me). 

DALL0253-Edit.jpg