Arctic Fox

Chris Wahl

• Safarian

Haven't been around for a while, I hope everybody is doing fine!

Due to the pandemic I wasn't traveling in the last two years so there are no new images but I realized that I haven't posted some of my Arctic Fox images back from early 2020.

Arctic Foxes are most amazing animals, it is absolutely stunning how these small mammals can cope with  the weather and the harsh environment ... fascinating!

All images taken in Iceland with a full DSLR lineup ... Mirrorless still has its problems when shooting at -20°C and lower ...

Next trip will be Ellesmere Island in March ... 12 days of snowmobiling and camping at -30° (and lower) searching for arctic wolves ... not sure whether it was a smart decision to do this :)

Hope you like the images and if you do, here are more of them: https://kamedar.smugmug.com/Arctic-Fox-Iceland/

Chris

#1 The blizzard days ...

spacer.png

#2 The blizzard days ...

spacer.png

#3 The blizzard days ...

spacer.png

#4 The nice but boring weather days :)

spacer.png

#5 The nice but boring weather days

spacer.png

#6 The nice but boring weather days

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Applaud 2

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

• Administrators

Geez Louise, Chris! These are some outstanding photos my friend. They would be totally at home on the cover of a Nat Geo magazine! 

Thank you so much for posting and I hope you won't be a stranger for so long again. Looking forward to seeing what you bring back from your next expedition. :) 

• Safarian

Thanks for your nice words Dallas! Much appreciated!

In general I rarely visit any fora and Fotozones is the only place where I post s.th. every now and then ... Hopefully more frequently in the future but certainly not before Ellesmere.

Hopefully I will bring some images from my next trip and I will certainly post them :)

• Like 1

• Safarian

Thanks Osh! Getting out in such weather is a big part of the fun as long as the citical factor clothing is under control :)

• Safarian

HI Anthony :) Thanks for your kind words! I hope you are doing well!

I am very much looking forward to Ellesmere Island, hopefully we find some wild life and especially arctic wolves but it's nature ... you never know ... Two years ago I spend several days at -20 in a hide in Finland and absolutely nothing showed up ... Well :)