Flashback to Sabi Sabi 2010

Dallas

• Administrators

This is a handheld HDR blend of 3 frames taken with the Nikon D700 and Sigma 12-24mm lens (back in the day before IBIS became a thing). 

@Anthony is in the foreground. 

_DAL2438-HDR.jpg

Anthony

Great memories, Dallas! Although I think I was not quite that shape.....

If you tell me the time of the photo I can probably post the shot I was in the course of taking.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Anthony said:

If you tell me the time of the photo I can probably post the shot I was in the course of taking.

It was taken at 18:10:30 on 28/10/2010. :) Would be interesting to see your corresponding shot. 

This was taken about 35 seconds after your shot and seems to be from the correct camera angle. We did not synchronise our clocks,  but this is the closest I can get.

Sabi Sabi Oct 2010_0948.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great fun (as Ann would say). :) 

I was shooting 5 frame brackets with that crazy wide Sigma and a couple of minutes later I got this one (which I have just run through the Lr HDR process (and added a 10% dehaze). 

_DAL2452-HDR.jpg

I am still in touch with Merete from that safari and she says she still dreams of coming back. Sadly her partner Jørn (who was a member here) passed away a few years back. He was that great big tattooed viking guy who we all loved. Such a lovely couple. 

_DAL2266.jpg

_DAL2269.jpg

• Like 1

They were indeed a lovely couple. Please give my best wishes to Merete when you are next in touch.

• Like 1