Fujifilm X100VI Announced

• Administrators

40MP, IBIS too. 

https://www.fujifilm.com/de/en/news/hq/11133

I want one! 

I suppose this might mean that the X100V will become more available soon. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice, but my worry is that it will keep production lines so busy there will be now space for more affordable cameras.  If I was after a new camera, I’d be interested in them releasing an X-E5 or X-T40.  At the moment looking at the availability of Fuji models, if I needed a new camera today, I’d probably be looking at an X-T5, but I think that is a bit too much of a camera for me.

• Administrators

For the money being asked I would be inclined to buy something with an interchangeable lens before going with this option, but... these are very sexy cameras and they force you to think more by limiting your options. As an everyday carry they are fantastic, especially as you don't need a camera bag if you have one of the leather cases for them. 

• Administrators

Isn't it amazing how PR companies have engineered the way products are spoken about online these days? They give them to "influencers" and then on the embargo date we get swamped with "reviews" from these experts. I saw one today about how the X100VI has become his favourite camera ever, mainly because of the IBIS. How long has he had this thing? 

On 20/02/2024 at 16:51, crowecg said:

Looks nice, but my worry is that it will keep production lines so busy there will be no space for more affordable cameras. 

They've shifted production of this new version to China. It will thus free up production capacity in Japan for other, more profitable things.

5 hours ago, ed said:

They've shifted production of this new version to China. It will thus free up production capacity in Japan for other, more profitable things.

Other more profitable things = higher priced

locally, the only models available in stock are the X-T5 and X-H2/2S.  even the relatively recent X-S20 is difficult to find.

Edited by crowecg

• Administrators

It is good to see that Fujifilm are having this success. Good products and great after sales seem to be the key elements. Hopefully other makers are paying attention.