there's something out there

nokk

not sure what, it's sticking to the shadows.  but it's out there.  it's stalking us.  the entire left flank is gone.  can you feel it watching?  it's close, so close.  but it's still invisible.

52920196233_9426fef68e_c.jpg

52919087460_2a0dd86254_c.jpg

52926514438_9b88f44fa2_c.jpg

Edited by nokk
  • Like 1

On 09/02/2024 at 23:16, Dallas said:

I have still not seen a single Stars Wars movie. Good photographs through! 🙂 

thanks.  the star wars movies are ok...but the figures are fun to play with.  the other guy is from predator.  not sure about the new movies but loved the first two.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

I hear that a lot about Star Wars films. Personally I am not so much into fantasy stuff, so I kind of belong to a group of people who don't get to see many new movies these days as Hollywood only seem to be making stuff in that genre. It's either an action super hero or some other fantasy thing, or it's a movie so long that I want to tear my eyes out halfway through. I got dragged to see Elvis last year. Was the first time I have been in a cinema in probably 20 years. I can't say I am in a hurry to go back for more punishment. :) 

i like well done fantasy, but i'd rather read the book.  the superhero stuff is ok.  there's a few good marvel movies out there, but most of it doesn't live up to the hype and isn't worth seeing.  i'm more into war movies and books, 13 hours is one of my favorite movies of all time.  sas rogue heroes is my current read.  i don't think i could sit through elvis unless there was a lot of alcohol involved.  the elton john movie was torture.  the last movie i saw in theaters was the bond movie.

• Happy 1

• Administrators

I find myself re-watching a lot of the movies that came out in the 90's. Everything from crime to comedy. Pulp Fiction I watch at least once a year and if I can keep my eyes open long enough I will get through some of the Guy Ritchie movies.

These days we (the wife and I) tend to watch more series than movies. An hour a night for whatever we find on our local streaming service. At the moment we are watching The Wire. The first season I very nearly turned off because I found it so hard to follow, but after about episode 7 it started getting interesting. Season 2 was much better, but so far season 3 is not quite living up to the predecessor. 

Best series we watched in a while was The White Lotus. Loved every minute of both seasons. 

i mostly watch tv at work.  it's an emergency dispatch operations center so we work when we get incidents.  when i started there was a lot of down time.  now, not so much.  i started watching the wire at work once, but lost focus (midnight shift gets weird). 

band of brothers is the series i'll rewatch every year.  there have been a few decent video game shows out lately, halo, witcher, the last of us.  tacoma fd was a recent watch, first couple of episodes were iffy, but after that it was hysterical.  strike back was one we watched at work that was a huge hit.  the chicago one franchise has some good episodes but tends to turn into a soap opera at times.

• Like 1

the new one, masters of the air, is about halfway through.  i keep hearing it's good, but i want to wait until they're all out to watch the show.  sas rogue heroes was a great show about the formation of the sas in africa, so good that i picked up the book.  

I liked Rogue Hero’s.  Only problem was I often ended up watching it late at night after everyone else had gone to bed so couldn’t turn it up loud.  Liked how the soundtrack mixed 40’s music hall with hard rock.  Not sure I’d bother with the book, but that’s because I’ve read biography’s of many of those involved and as they say at the beginning most of it is based on a true story and what may seem like the crazy made up scenes are the true bits

13 hours ago, crowecg said:

I liked Rogue Hero’s.  Only problem was I often ended up watching it late at night after everyone else had gone to bed so couldn’t turn it up loud.  Liked how the soundtrack mixed 40’s music hall with hard rock.  Not sure I’d bother with the book, but that’s because I’ve read biography’s of many of those involved and as they say at the beginning most of it is based on a true story and what may seem like the crazy made up scenes are the true bits

the book covered a few of the questions i had from the show and went into more detail.  the show stayed pretty close to it.  but you probably got a lot of that out of the biographies.

38 minutes ago, blurmagic said:

This photos look like they were created using AI.   Am I correct?  

nope, no ai.  these are 6" action figures.  the lighting was godox led panels, ulanzi cube lights and/or tube lights and lots of atmospheric aerosol (fog in a spray can).  

for the first image i dropped a background with sparks and set it to lighten then masked out the clonetrooper.  this layer was created in a separate photo using a sparkler on black.  the laser blasts are added in ps using a shape that's been duplicated multiple times and each layer given a different amount of gaussian blurs and blending modes.  

the other two were shot pretty much as is.  i think i masked in the left arm on the predator in the last shot from another image.  pretty sure it was blown out, but that's just how it goes with the aerosol sometimes.  and i definitely cloned in some extra fog in the upper right of the second shot.