Early Christmas

• Administrators

Some things landed in the studio this past week. One of them I put to use yesterday, but the other one still has to be powered on. I won't lie, I am terrified of this thing. Well, terrified of losing it, to be more precise. It's the latest DJI Mini 4 Pro drone. I've never flown one of these things before and we will be using it in some video productions next year, so I need to teach myself how to go about it. Unfortunately the weather and my schedule have not been kind this past week, so while I have unpacked it, charged everything and put it all in the supplied bag, tomorrow is the designated day for the maiden flight. 😬 

I will let you know how it goes. 

IMG_5186-2.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

the drone will be easier to use than you realize.  the biggest obstacle is building the muscle memory.  the mini 4 pro flies just as easily as the larger drones but will disappear from view before a larger model like the mavic will.  consider putting a strip of reflective tape one it so it doesn't disappear so quickly.  unless south africa doesn't have any line of sight rules for flying drones, in which case, go for it.

if you have questions, let me know.  i've flown most of the djis for work and have a mavic 3t as my assigned work drone and a mavic 3 pro at home as my personal.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks Nokk. We have been having some fun with the drone this past few weeks and it has been pretty easy to control. I still do get a bit nervous when I lose sight of it, so  will need to look at your suggestion about putting tape on it. 

• Like 1