Please Help By Contributing To Our License Renewal Costs

Dallas

• Administrators

I got a sweet little email from the makers of this software this morning advising me that instead of paying every 6 months they are now only going to be billing for the software annually. Oh and by the way we're also increasing the price a little. So now instead of the usual $120 biannual license renewal I have to come up with $280 by the middle of next month or support will cease. Honestly, I am at the end of my rope with all software developers and how they are now capable of holding the entire world to ransom. It's just BS. But what can we do? 

So I have a few options; I don't have any more active subscribers, so I can drop the Commerce module (the thing that lets me sell subscriptions) and I can also drop the downloads and gallery modules. That will bring the renewal down to a less offensive price and I should be able to cover it myself. Or, I can let the license lapse and leave the site functional on the current version, including all the modules. The problem with this option is that while it will continue to work, I will be flashed massive nag screens every day until I pay. Or, if there are enough members still enjoying the forum I can pass the hat around and hopefully if we can raise at least 50% of the license costs I will be able to pay these people and we will be OK for another year. 

If you would like to contribute please send it via PayPal to info@fotozones.com. This will be the only fundraiser for the 12 month period. 

• Dallas changed the title to Please Help By Contributing To Our License Renewal Costs
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thank you to @atpaula (Aguinaldo) and @Andrew L (gryphon1911) for your contributions. Very much appreciated. :) 

• Administrators

I have some good news. I received the invoice for the renewal again this morning and noticed that it was for 6 months, not 12 as was previously indicated by them in their prior email. The price did go up a fair amount, but at least the hit isn't as hard as it would have been if I had to pay for a whole year.

Turns out there was a revolt with big numbers of highly irate customers threatening to abandon the platform in favour of alternatives, so there was a management powwow and they reversed the annual renewal in favour of 6-monthly again.

With the donations already received I am just over halfway towards being able to pay the new invoice when it is due on the 12th. If any member would still like to contribute to this expense I would be very happy to add your name to our list of benefactors in this thread. :) 

• Administrators

Thanks @Walter Rowe for your ongoing support. Much appreciated. 

• Supporter
18 hours ago, Dallas said:

Thanks @Walter Rowe for your ongoing support. Much appreciated. 

My pleasure. Happy to have this community. Thank you for maintaining it.

• Like 1