System Maintenance Coming

Dallas

On 02/08/2021 at 22:09, Dallas said:

Chris, I noticed an improvement in speed to load on my side, but thanks for pointing it out. I think the best thing to do is to remove the cookies from FZ after logging out and then try logging in again. It might need a new session cookie. 

A few cycles of logging out, deleting cookies, etc have improved things a bit, but I'm still finding things a bit sluggish and pages not behaving properly until fully loaded.  Maybe there is some issues with traffic between Australia and your servers - I'll try a few different times of day to see if there is a difference.

• Confused 1

• Administrators

These software developers are always trying their best to trip up their customers. I haven't noticed any performance issues on my side, but as you say there could be a DNS issue causing that. 

I think I’ve worked out why things are sluggish - a subsea cable off Perth was damaged at just the same time as you did the software update.  I was starting to suspect something like that as performance wasn’t too bad early in the morning but got worse latter in the day, which would coincide with South East Asia and India starting their day.

Nothing wrong at your end - all just a big coincidence.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have turned off the stupid "rank" system that the developers at Invision kindly overwrote the old one with. I don't think we need that kind of thing here, but if other members disagree let's hear the case for getting them back. 

Also, just on the bold type issue for unread posts, those same developers are arguing that it was removed 2 versions ago. I have called BS on that but they are unrelenting, saying that it is currently impossible to bring them back. Eejits. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I just noticed this morning that the little panel of information that was being brought in and displayed under our avatars was half missing. Turns out that the developers messed it up with the last update (surprise!). Fortunately they have now issued a patch which I have applied and it seems to be back to normal again.