A Lot Can Change In A Year

• Administrators
Dallas

In February last year, when the world was still a mostly sane place, I posted this little article on my Subscribers articles (which I have sadly neglected to keep going) showing how I have organised my little office/studio space. 

This is how the space looks now. 

PDAL5075-HDR.jpg

PDAL5063-HDR.jpg

PDAL5057-HDR.jpg

PDAL5054-HDR.jpg

PDAL5072-HDR.jpg

This last one I had to handhold the 3 HDR frames so its not exactly the sharpest result!

So the biggest change came in the shape of swapping out the plexiglass top on the shooting table for a laminated pine top. I have posted about this acquisition before, but I cant stress just how much it changes my life by increasing the amount of things I could do with that piece of equipment. The next big thing that came about was the Inka studio stand, which was an absolute steal at R1000 (less than $100). That item has allowed me to do all kinds of product photography including super easy flat lay work. 

I then obtained those two wall mount brackets to suspend my softboxes with some CFL video lights in them, No need for light stands anymore! Those things are a blessing, but it's still a bit difficult to adjust them because of the height I have them at. I have to climb up on a stool and of course the Godox brackets that hold the modifiers to the poles have their levers on the opposite side to where the arms levers are. 

The most recent change is the addition of the gear storage cabinet. That thing holds all my gear, including some 7 or 8 camera bags, 3 tripods, some light stands and a few tools. 

I have moved some of the items around and the space is a lot more functional now as there are no stands or things impeding me from walking right around the product table. I used to have the Inka stand right up against it and I can't tell you how many times I have whacked my head on it! I've actually figured out a different solution for regular head on pack shots that will see me using it less often now. You may just catch a glimpse of a friction arm on one of the cross members of the shooting table in this last shot. That swivels up from under the table now and I can mount a ball head on it so it no tripod or studio stand required for those. 

I'm very happy! Now if only I could get some work in... :( 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dallas

• Hugh_3170

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In February last year, when the world was still a mostly sane place, I posted this little article on my Subscribers articles (which I have sadly neglected to keep going) showing how I have organised m

Dallas - I am very impressed with your space utilisation.  About ~4m x ~4m I am guessing?

Very close, Hugh. 3.5 x 4m.  

Posted Images

Hugh_3170

Dallas - I am very impressed with your space utilisation.  About ~4m x ~4m I am guessing?

• Like 1