Dormant Accounts - 2021

• Administrators
Dallas

I sent out a second reminder to all members who's accounts are in the dormancy threshold this morning and it seems that the system has somehow used the wrong date to filter in who was supposed to get that email. My apologies if you received one when you shouldn't have. I will make absolutely certain that the removal of accounts from the system uses the correct date when the time comes! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dallas

• CarreraS

• Alf Iversen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to make up for being rather dormant, i took a quick break from shooting Fledging Wrens to grab this ..     Nikon Z7 FTZ Nikkor 85 f2.8 PC/E  

Hi Dallas!  I got your mail on dormant accounts a while back, and decided to look in for a moment to keep the account alive.   A nudge is welcome in these instances, as time/entusiasme/fam

Posted Images

• Administrators
Dallas

A couple of members have reported to me that they are having difficulty in resetting their passwords for Fotozones after receiving the dormancy notice. If you are reading this and are experiencing the same thing please let me know. I am happy to put the dormancy run on hold for a time if there is a software glitch that is stopping members from logging in, but I will need to take the individual cases to Invision so that they can assess what is happening. 

I managed to successfully reset the password via the forgotten link on one of my test accounts this morning, so it's likely that the reported issues could be related to a local setting, but let's get the experts to weigh in. :) 

CarreraS

Just to make up for being rather dormant, i took a quick break from shooting Fledging Wrens to grab this ..

375042947_NPShatonharehatstand.thumb.jpg.171e52fa8651545496a0bf9e85407bca.jpg

Nikon Z7 FTZ Nikkor 85 f2.8 PC/E

• Like 1

"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

Alf Iversen
Posted (edited)

Hi Dallas! 
I got your mail on dormant accounts a while back, and decided to look in for a moment to keep the account alive.

A nudge is welcome in these instances, as time/entusiasme/family/planet alignement/food allergies/moving house/picking up new hobbies / changing careers or a number of other random life elements can push tings of enjoyment or entertainment out of view.

Like reading Fotozones.

I have been a member since 12 (?)years back- since The time of Nikongear, when you sold life time memberships.

These days my pictures are phone snaps sometimes with the app Hipstamatic.

I gave my Nikon and lences to a young very entusiastic man has come back from an drug abuse and violence life. He is a great guy, and takes beautiful images.

I include a snap of my girls and dandelion.

we take this picture every year at the same spot.

EDIT

Or not

have to re-find a way to post photos

Peace,

Alf

Edited by Alf Iversen
  • Like 1

I have no sense of humor, but I can be unintentionally funny.

• Administrators
Dallas

Hey Alf, how wonderful to see the old members are still willing to be a part of this community which has somehow survived through the onslaught of social media. 

I know all too well the pressures of modern life, which kind of explains my own lack of participation here in recent years, especially since lockdown began. But, I am hopeful that things will change soon as I am making massive changes in my own life that will bring me back to the business of content creation that I have strayed from. 

Unfortunately I had to restrict the ability of Life Members to use the attachments feature as I was running out of disk space. At this time the Subscribers and Contributors get that feature. But the hot-linking feature from places like Flickr etc still works. :)