• Contributor
Luc de Schepper
Posted (edited)

This building was originally built in 1928 as a school. The architectural style is called "Amsterdamse School". Now a monument and used for private housing.

To take this shot I had to set the lens at 12mm and stand on the public road with the risk of being run over by passing cars and busses. Somehow it worked out and I survived 😀

Olympus E-M10II + Olympus 12-40mm f2.8

51179626314_e3381a0b7f_h.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 4
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luc de Schepper

• Hugh_3170

• Andrew L (gryphon1911)

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This building was originally built in 1928 as a school. The architectural style is called "Amsterdamse School". Now a monument and used for private housing. To take this shot I had to set the len

Thanks a lot Hugh. Architecture, modern art, history, cycling and photography are my hobbies. At the moment I'm in a kind of pre-retirement phase (turning 63 by June) so I work less. In my spare time 

Hugh_3170

Luc, I am enjoying your architecture photography, and this latest image is no exception.  Do you work in this or a related area?

• Contributor
Luc de Schepper
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hugh_3170 said:

Luc, I am enjoying your architecture photography, and this latest image is no exception.  Do you work in this or a related area?

Thanks a lot Hugh. Architecture, modern art, history, cycling and photography are my hobbies. At the moment I'm in a kind of pre-retirement phase (turning 63 by June) so I work less. In my spare time I cycle around my hometown which luckily has a lot to offer a keen photographer. I've started building an archive of images on topics like architecture (historical and modern), urban/industrial and wallart/graffiti. When I have enough images I plan to compile a few theme-based picture books. 

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 1
Hugh_3170

Thanks - a great idea re the picture books.  May your retirement be long and pleasant!