Checking In

Anthony

Just had my first shot, Oxford/AstraZeneca. It was a very efficient operation. I arrived a few minutes early and was out before my scheduled time. The atmosphere in the centre was inspiringly upbeat and cheerful.

The UK has adopted a policy of delaying the second shot so that it can maximise the number of people who have some protection. The theory is that giving large numbers some protection will save more lives than giving a smaller number greater individual protection. It will be interesting to see if this is right, but the medical authorities are confident of the science.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dallas

• Anthony

• Luc de Schepper

• danielm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daniel, I agree with you. I just feel so very rattled right now after hearing about my mate Anesh’s passing from this virus. He and I both got into the sports photography business at the same time, bu

My father-in-law is A-OK for now.  

. For decades now I've gotten a flu shot every year.   Next Tuesday I'm scheduled to get my first Covid vacine shot.  I believe it's the Pfiser one.   Hundreds in my area have already r

Posted Images

blurmagic

Got my first shot, didn't feel a thing.  It was the "Moderna" vaccine.  My second one is scheduled for a couple of weeks. 

I talked with a number of folks who've already had their second shot.  A few had unpleasant reactions - fever, feeling miserable, sore arms, etc. for a day or two.   Some had no adverse reaction.  None-the-less, the wife and I do plan to go ahead with the second shot.

In my area, some doctors are advising their younger patients NOT to get the shots, because of possible sterilization.   Well, I'm in my 60's, and already have 5 kids and 12 grand-kids - so that's not a concern of mine.

Dave

Anthony

The sterilisation rumour is unsupported by any medical evidence or scientific theory. It is shocking that medical practitioners are spreading this false information.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Mexecutioner
7 hours ago, Anthony said:

The sterilisation rumour is unsupported by any medical evidence or scientific theory. It is shocking that medical practitioners are spreading this false information.

I wish it wasn't. Maybe we could deal with the pandemic and the overpopulation in one shot, or two ;)