Open Niche  ·  1,106 members

YouTube Videos

Parabolic Softboxes?

• Administrators
Dallas

Karl Taylor unleashes on the current trend known as "parabolic softboxes". Still can't figure out this guy's accent. Unfamiliar British with a large dollop of Aussie? 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dallas

• PatrickO1397538283

• crowecg

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your description makes it sound like Kiwi?  However, actually looking at the video, sounds like he is trying to hide an Essex, England accent.

PatrickO1397538283

Check out the travel journalist Simon Calder - very similar pattern of speech!

• Administrators
Dallas

The thing I find hard to place with Karl Taylor is his consonant sounds. If he uses words like "try" or "buy" they come out like "troy" and "boy" which I kind of attribute to either Cockney or Aussie accents, yet he isn't typical of either. Maybe it's a Guernsey accent? I dunno...

crowecg
17 hours ago, Dallas said:

The thing I find hard to place with Karl Taylor is his consonant sounds. If he uses words like "try" or "buy" they come out like "troy" and "boy" which I kind of attribute to either Cockney or Aussie accents, yet he isn't typical of either. Maybe it's a Guernsey accent? I dunno...

Your description makes it sound like Kiwi?  However, actually looking at the video, sounds like he is trying to hide an Essex, England accent.

Edited by crowecg
  • Like 1
  • Administrators
Dallas
6 hours ago, crowecg said:

A cousin of mine emigrated to New Zealand a couple of years ago and she made me laugh the other day when she related how at Auckland Airport when asking for directions to the check in she thought the attendant was sending her to get some take away chicken. :D 

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.