Sicily

atpaula

• Subscriber
atpaula

I was watching the Godfather trilogy today and I remembered these places:
1- Church where Michael Corleone married Apollonia, in the village of Savoca;
2- Visual from Taormina, charming village where we stayed. Behind the clouds is the volcano Etna;
3- Viewpoint in Taormina;
4- Castelmola village, set on top of a mountain next to Taormina. The road to get there is very dangerous.

50556509381_4a77d12954_b.jpgaD4S_2118 by Aguinaldo  Tinoco de Paula, no Flickr

50556802792_fb9bde5947_b.jpga1DFC_1296 by Aguinaldo  Tinoco de Paula, no Flickr

50555774123_796b39195f_b.jpgaD4S_2094 by Aguinaldo  Tinoco de Paula, no Flickr

50556638362_9f70c38fdb_b.jpga1DFC_1336 by Aguinaldo  Tinoco de Paula, no Flickr

• Like 4

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

"You are not a loser when you're defeated.
You are a loser when you quit".
(Dr. House)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GB111

• atpaula

• Anthony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching the Godfather trilogy today and I remembered these places: 1- Church where Michael Corleone married Apollonia, in the village of Savoca; 2- Visual from Taormina, charming village wh

• Subscriber

Wow, the black and white gives them a bit of a creepy feeling! But fits in well with the time of the year (Halloween here).  It seems that Sicily is mostly hilly and not easy to travel. Maybe I'll get there one day for a short visit.

gb

Anthony
6 hours ago, GB111 said:

Wow, the black and white gives them a bit of a creepy feeling! But fits in well with the time of the year (Halloween here).  It seems that Sicily is mostly hilly and not easy to travel. Maybe I'll get there one day for a short visit.

gb

Sicily is beautiful, fascinating historic cities and sites, terrific food and the best (IMHO) ice cream in Italy. The road system is good and not over crowded. There are some scary mountain roads, if you want to find them. 

You should go there for a long visit, or, better, for several visits. I have been there several times and still not seen it all.

• Subscriber

Thanks Anthony. I've always got the feeling that it's somewhat sparsely populated, cept for the big towns especially near the strait of Messina. I heard they were going to bridge that - sounds ambitious, but Wiki says it is less than 2 miles wide at the closest point.