Alabama Hills

GB111

• Supporter

I just took this last Saturday morning near the little town of Lone Pine and Mount Whitney, which you can see in the background.  The area is referred to as the Alabama Hills and is famous for many movie shoots.

It was somewhat hazy due to the many fires that burned and are still burning in California. 

gb

DSC_1810_Edit1_2000.jpg

• Like 7
  • Applaud 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporter

Thanks Dallas... I donated it to the world by placing it on Unsplash.com.  It's already been downloaded about 7000 times, which is a lot.

I got a bit beat up to get this one. Had to climb a steep hill with loose soil with tripod and camera in one hand to get the angle. That went well, but getting down did not - a big rock I had one foot on gave way, bit mess, still have the scars and the lens was damaged!  Not the glass for heaven's sake, but the body was broken open... I got super lucky and got was repaired -- for free -- back in town, so all's good.

• Grimmace 2

• Administrators

Ouch! Yes, I can relate to getting down from high places not being as easy as getting up. The things we do to get the shot, eh? :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporter

I donated this image to Unsplash.com.  It actually made pic of the day.  You can see it here (a little diff than the original):

photo-1603506408556-a6d30a869d5d?ixlib=r

• Like 4

• 3 months later...