Software Upgrade September 2020

• Administrators
Dallas

Hello all. 

I set aside today to finally get around to performing the software upgrade for Invision. I checked and confirmed that all our plugins and theme were compatible with the new software and went ahead and ran the update. Everything went smoothly except for the theme update. Several things simple weren't working as expected, including the sticky menu header, plus a lot of the previous colour customisations had been lost, not to mention certain template changes. I tried to fix these manually and had done just about everything and then when I had put the site live I was going to make a new announcement, only to notice that the toolbar in the posting box was invisible.

Following some previously posted advice about this problem in the theme support topic resulted in every customisation I have spent the whole of Sunday making being lost (and the toolbar still remaining invisible). 😠 

I have now notified the theme designer and brought these issues to his attention, but I am not sure how quicly he can fix them, so instead of leaving the site closed I thought I would set the stock theme with some colour changes as the default for now until the premium theme is fixed and ready to be put back. Apologies for the way this all looks, but you have my assurance that I am putting pressure on the designer to fix the site theme we are all used to. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dallas

• crowecg

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a temporary theme things are generally looking good.  Only thing I’m not sure about is the use of red on the articles list page - something a bit more subtle would be better.    interesting

• Administrators
Dallas

So after two days of trying to figure out IPS' new CSS framework (which I have failed to do) I have with the help of the theme developer, Taman, been able to return FZ as close as possible to the previous look and feel. This is now the default theme (Fotozones Late 2020) and for the time being I will have to limit themes to just this one. Sadly, some developers (pointing finger at IPS) seem to think that their customers have nothing better to do than figure out what they've done under the hood. 

There are still some areas where the colours don't quite work with the general aesthetic so I am trying to figure out what IPS have labelled these as so that I can change them. Please bear with me. If you encounter something that is horribly out of whack just let me know by posting a screenshot here. 

crowecg

For a temporary theme things are generally looking good.  Only thing I’m not sure about is the use of red on the articles list page - something a bit more subtle would be better. 

interesting to see a stats pull down appearing in the posts.

• Like 1
  • Administrators
Dallas

Thanks Chris. This is now the premium theme, but it still has some work that needs to be done. I decided to stop tweaking things until a few more bugs are squished. I will have a look at some colour changes though. 

• Administrators
Dallas

One of the many small changes they have made is what happens when you open content that you are following. You can now specify whether you want to be taken to the unread stuff, the first new post, or the latest post. 

To get to this setting you need to go into your Account Settings, then click on the section for "Content View Behaviour" and select one of the options there. 

Let me know if it isn't working. 

crowecg

I’ve just noticed the line separating the read and unread messages.  That looks good.

• Administrators
Dallas

It appears that I have suddenly run out of disk space for Fotozones. So... I will have to upgrade my server which may take a day or two. At the moment all the browsing seems to be working, but anything that requires uploading isn't working. My apologies for the inconvenience to subscribers and contributors. I am just waiting for the upgrade to kick in and all should return to normal. 

#growingpains 

• Administrators
Dallas

It appears the upgrade to the hosting has gone through and I was just able to upload a new image, so (touch wood) everything is properly operational. Please report any problems or anomalies you may encounter to me. Thanks!