Mexecutioner

My Lover's Garden

About 6 years ago I planted about 20 different fruit trees at home and I am starting a series of images showing the different harvests. I am picking fruits that show imperfections and weird random spots as I think they are more interesting than the ones that are flawless. As more fruits are ready I will be adding more photos. My wife is a gardener and she grows a lot of our food so I will be adding vegetables and other stuff to the series as well as they come off the vines. I will be putting a book together for her with all of the images as the stuff coming out of her garden is beautiful.

The title of this book will be "My Lover's Garden" something that my wife couldn't stop laughing about until she found out I was serious and that is the real title.

This photo has nectarines and a pluot variety called "Dapple Dandy".

My Lovers Garden0401 NG.jpg

• Like 3

What a fantastic idea, Rodrigo! 

There is something innately satisfying about harvesting food from the earth, as opposed to bringing it in from a supermarket. I'd love to be able to do this here, alas the concrete jungle doesn't allow me the space (not to mention that most plants seem to wilt in my care). 

This is a great image.

Looks wonderful.  I’m looking forward to the virtual feast you will be delivering us.

Thanks guys, I hope to be adding more as time goes by.

Rodrigo, this is beautiful, both in concept and in the image you have shown.  We moved into a new place 3 years ago and have been busy planting lots of fruit trees and over this year our vegetable garden, so I am looking forward to being inspired by your shots.

On 28/07/2020 at 00:04, enough said:

Rodrigo, this is beautiful, both in concept and in the image you have shown.  We moved into a new place 3 years ago and have been busy planting lots of fruit trees and over this year our vegetable garden, so I am looking forward to being inspired by your shots.

Mark, It’s a beautiful thing to witness. Watching them grow and yield fruit it’s a miracle that never ceases to amaze me. Have fun and enjoy every minute of it. It’s been a very rewarding experience for us over here.