My Lover's Garden

Mexecutioner

• Subscriber
Mexecutioner

About 6 years ago I planted about 20 different fruit trees at home and I am starting a series of images showing the different harvests. I am picking fruits that show imperfections and weird random spots as I think they are more interesting than the ones that are flawless. As more fruits are ready I will be adding more photos. My wife is a gardener and she grows a lot of our food so I will be adding vegetables and other stuff to the series as well as they come off the vines. I will be putting a book together for her with all of the images as the stuff coming out of her garden is beautiful.

The title of this book will be "My Lover's Garden" something that my wife couldn't stop laughing about until she found out I was serious and that is the real title.

This photo has nectarines and a pluot variety called "Dapple Dandy".

My Lovers Garden0401 NG.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mexecutioner

• Dallas

• Hugh_3170

• crowecg

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About 6 years ago I planted about 20 different fruit trees at home and I am starting a series of images showing the different harvests. I am picking fruits that show imperfections and weird random spo

We went to Alaska for a couple of weeks to take some time off and we asked some of our friends to come over and help themselves to some produce so it wouldn't go to waste, therefore I had to wait for

It was 108 degrees at home yesterday and these managed to make it just fine. Lots of deep watering with the drip system to keep the garden going. Today we got some different types of eggplant, the

Posted Images

• Administrators
Dallas

What a fantastic idea, Rodrigo! 

There is something innately satisfying about harvesting food from the earth, as opposed to bringing it in from a supermarket. I'd love to be able to do this here, alas the concrete jungle doesn't allow me the space (not to mention that most plants seem to wilt in my care). 

This is a great image.

crowecg

Looks wonderful.  I’m looking forward to the virtual feast you will be delivering us.

• Subscriber
Mexecutioner

Thanks guys, I hope to be adding more as time goes by.

enough

Rodrigo, this is beautiful, both in concept and in the image you have shown.  We moved into a new place 3 years ago and have been busy planting lots of fruit trees and over this year our vegetable garden, so I am looking forward to being inspired by your shots.

• Subscriber
Mexecutioner
On 28/07/2020 at 00:04, enough said:

Rodrigo, this is beautiful, both in concept and in the image you have shown.  We moved into a new place 3 years ago and have been busy planting lots of fruit trees and over this year our vegetable garden, so I am looking forward to being inspired by your shots.

Mark, It’s a beautiful thing to witness. Watching them grow and yield fruit it’s a miracle that never ceases to amaze me. Have fun and enjoy every minute of it. It’s been a very rewarding experience for us over here.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Mexecutioner

We went to Alaska for a couple of weeks to take some time off and we asked some of our friends to come over and help themselves to some produce so it wouldn't go to waste, therefore I had to wait for more. We finally had some more stuff come out of the garden and I made a couple images of today's crop.

1575519075_MyLoversGarden0418MASTERcopy.thumb.jpg.0b97e2d0971da29d2e6be1135b10c039.jpg

394569507_MyLoversGarden0443MASTERcopy.thumb.jpg.529018c67220379dbefa7d9a3a8e5695.jpg

• Like 2
Hugh_3170

Figs. :D

• Administrators
Dallas
3 hours ago, Hugh_3170 said:

Figs. :D

Oh, the horror! 

Actually, I am now recalling being forced to try a fig once on my grandfather's property many, many years ago. Didn't end with a smiley face. :D 

Hugh_3170

They do look a little odd, as they are in effective an inside out flower. 

Personally I love them - I have a red fig tree in my backyard with figs similar to those in Rodrigo's first image.  The so called white fig has a more subtle flavour than the red and shows much less colour.

Each to their own I guess.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Mexecutioner

These figs are called Kadota figs, they are pretty tasty and I like the fact that by sating green all the way to maturity they attract fewer birds. Some friends in the area have black mission figs and other brown varieties and they all get destroyed by birds unless they cover the tree with a net. I only lose a few to raccoons and possums.

• Subscriber
Mexecutioner
7 hours ago, Dallas said:

Oh, the horror! 

Actually, I am now recalling being forced to try a fig once on my grandfather's property many, many years ago. Didn't end with a smiley face. :D 

No wonder you don't remember them at all!

• Subscriber
Mexecutioner

It was 108 degrees at home yesterday and these managed to make it just fine. Lots of deep watering with the drip system to keep the garden going.

Today we got some different types of eggplant, the little ones are "Japanese eggplant" (they probably stayed on the vine longer than they should have, but could only take photos today) and the others are supposed to be all "black beauty"; the seeds came from different places so they look different. I really like the green paintbrush looking strokes on one of them.

My Lovers Garden0479 MASTER copy.jpg

And on the second image are some cucumbers, no the traditional type: "Lemon Cucumber" and "Suyo Long". The lemon ones do not look like cucumbers at all and you would think they are something completely different but they taste exactly the same as the ones you find at the store.

My Lovers Garden0464 MASTER copy.jpg

When still available I am trying to include the flowers of the plants, I think it is a nice little touch.

• Like 2