crowecg

Light Trails

Also on my trip to the supermarket, I took a detour to the rooftop car park and tried grabbing a few shots of the light trails from the passing traffic. 

50049325728_411e254f7c_o.jpg

night 3 

I think the location may be a bit too brightly lit and I was probably a bit late in the evening, as the traffic wasn't too heavy.  

Another variation got some nicer light stars from the street lights.

50049325358_aac64e5ef3_o.jpg

night 4

I had tried this once before, when I lived in Hong Kong.   

23020642321_55caabe2c3_o.jpg

Light Trails

That was shot on film and was the view from my apartment's kitchen window, so I remember sitting there for some time counting the traffic light sequence to work out when I would get the most cars, for a single attempt.  The more recent ones on digital from a damp car park were more of a shoot and pray.

There are another couple of locations that I am thinking of trying for this sort of shot, so if the weather and time permit, I will get out to try them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dallas said:

First two look like a bumpy road (or somebody came along in a car with very dodgy suspension). 

I was just holding the camera steady against the top of a wall, but there doesn’t seem to have been any sign of movement in the rest of the image.  

I would have thought there would be a bit of a bump in the middle of the picture where tram tracks come out of the side street, but it seems to be more widespread.

Were you using a stabilised lens? That might account for the wavy lines, although it wouldn't take much camera vibration to produce that, either.

4 hours ago, Alan7140 said:

Were you using a stabilised lens? That might account for the wavy lines, although it wouldn't take much camera vibration to produce that, either.

fuji XF 27 f/2.8 on the X-E3, so no stabilisation.  Maybe next time I should take a tripod.