Bridge on the Belmont Rivulet.

Alan7140

• Contributor
Alan7140

Keeping to the new normal (i.e. staying close to home) and carrying my Thornton Pickard half-plate camera and a dark slide loaded with 15 year-old (at least) Ilford Multigrade fibre paper for negative material, I went for a walk out the back gate for about 1 km across a paddock I've crossed dozens of time before but somehow never noticed this scene before, which appeared to be begging  for a photograph taken with a recently acquired 360mm f/9 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar process lens (mfd. ca. 1962).

It struck me as one of those photos that would look dead ordinary in colour or even conventional B&W, but using the blue/UV-light sensitive paper revealed a mist in the background not visible to the naked eye, and giving it the look of a gold-toned 19th century albumen print completed the picture. Exposure: 4 sec @ f/22.

qStQSke.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan7140

• vivionm

• crowecg

• rhynetc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keeping to the new normal (i.e. staying close to home) and carrying my Thornton Pickard half-plate camera and a dark slide loaded with 15 year-old (at least) Ilford Multigrade fibre paper for negative

It’s amazing how you can take that camera and make a scene that most of us wouldn’t look twice at into something so fascinating.

vivionm

Magnificent photo.

crowecg

It’s amazing how you can take that camera and make a scene that most of us wouldn’t look twice at into something so fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Contributor
Alan7140

Thanks, Vivion & Chris. At the moment I think I'm in a place with my photography that I perhaps always wanted to be, but for nearly 50 years work and technology got in the way.

Now, using the equipment and materials I want to use, and with no-one to please other than myself, I'm enjoying photography more than I ever have.

There is something about pre-visualising and crafting the result before even making the exposure (and then only taking the one shot) that is so diametrically opposed to the way photography is usually practised these days that really appeals to me.

For sure it doesn't always work out, but when it does it is extremely satisfying.

• Subscriber
rhynetc

Beautiful work, this.  Composition is captivating and the color cast is an extra feature which makes this a special image.  

Clactonian

There's so much to look at in this simple seen. Very nice.

Still trying.

• Contributor
Alan7140

Thanks for the comments, they're much appreciated.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.