Alan7140

Taking it to extremes

I wouldn't even begin to guess at the number of "equivalent" Megapickles involved here (20" x 24" paper neg):

I4JVujZ.jpg

I was a bit more conservative, also using photographic paper as a neg, but a more practical 6½" x 4¾" half plate Thornton Pickard for a group shot at the same occasion.

EttI8v2.jpg

• Like 1

Mega "pickles", bit of an acid comment Alan!

Not exactly a pocket camera is it. 😉

• Happy 1

Mike Gorman

Nikon Z6, Nikkor Z 24-70, 35, 85, FTZ adapter 

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Panasonic 15, 20, 25, - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100

Wow. I love the tonality in these photos.

• Like 1

I guess the group shot is all of the people required to carry that gear into the forest.  😀

Which was the smaller load - the other guys big camera or your Thornton Pickard and Pentacon kit?  

I'd love to get back to giving film a try, but it is a struggle to fit it in  - its hard for me to find time just for digital stuff.  Add to that the fact I'm not sure I can get enough keepers from a roll of film, never mind a few sheets of paper the size you shoot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crowecg said:

I guess the group shot is all of the people required to carry that gear into the forest.  😀

Which was the smaller load - the other guys big camera or your Thornton Pickard and Pentacon kit?  

I'd love to get back to giving film a try, but it is a struggle to fit it in  - its hard for me to find time just for digital stuff.  Add to that the fact I'm not sure I can get enough keepers from a roll of film, never mind a few sheets of paper the size you shoot.

My entire kit is partally visible on the ground just behind his left thigh - a Manfrotto CF Tripod and a Kata Bumblebee backpack with the camera, lens and meter in the lower compartment and four loaded double-dark slides in the upper compartment, and with the camera gear being made mostly of Mahogany, the loaded pack is the lightest its ever been. :)

As for the 20" x 24" camera, he built it himself (with the aid of a CNC machine) for his submission for a Masters (Honours) to his Batchelor of Fine Arts Degree, and most of the parts for which he sourced through his job at the South Hobart Tip Shop.

He's the guy that has supplied me with more than a few photographic bargains such as the Olympus OM-1, two lenses & a small Mecablitz flash in a small Tamrac bag all in working order (yes, someone actually threw that away, with the last sale receipt still in the bag dated 1996 from a camera store in Portland, Oregon, with it being anybody's guess as to how it ended up at a tip in southern Tasmania), and a complete set of three Multiblitz Minilight 150 flash heads, stands and brollies which make superb little fill or hair-lights in studio setups, and all of which didn't cost me much over the equivalent of US $50 in total for both the camera and flash outfits.

Always love your LF works, Allan!

Even a Gulliver's cellphone would be too small to integrate the sensor of that size.  🙄

• LOL 1

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.