Dallas

You Can Have any Colour You Like, As Long As It's Red

Looks like a mass male mid-life crisis to me. :D

And yes, definitely an E-Type for me as well, as long as they throw in a free Jaguar-trained expert mechanic for free. ;) 

• LOL 1

Absolutely (regarding the mechanic)! :) 

We went to this estate in Somerset West called Vergelegen which was one of Simon Van Der Stel’s properties when he was governor of the Cape. At a neighbouring property (who’s name I cannot recall) there was this amazing Sunday food market and attached to that was this petrolhead’s café with all these old classic cars on show. I could definitely have spent more time there but the family were hungry so we headed back to the market. 

• Like 1

I would take the Alfa Romeo at top left.

I just realised a mistake - the Governor's name was Willem Adriaan Van Der Stel, not Simon. Don't know where I got that from...

Nah mate - you need at least three E-Types - one to drive and two+ for spare parts!  LOL

13 hours ago, Alan7140 said:

Looks like a mass male mid-life crisis to me. :D

And yes, definitely an E-Type for me as well, as long as they throw in a free Jaguar-trained expert mechanic for free. ;) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hugh_3170 said:

Nah mate - you need at least three E-Types - one to drive and two+ for spare parts!

Ah, so this owner is sorted then. :) 

Yes definitely - well perhaps he could respray two of them, so they all matched colourwise.  :crazy:

I'm no E Type expert, but I think we have 2 V12s and a 4.2 .. any purist wants a 'flat floor' 3.8 despite the narrow track back end and the Moss (IIRC) gearbox .. !

And you'd need more spare cars ..

Just saying .. 😎

cheers, Maurice

"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.