If I was still interested in treading the digital camera update spiral, I would definitely be into this:

https://petapixel.com/2020/01/10/fuji-x-t4-with-ibis-will-be-announced-next-month-report/?fbclid=IwAR3x_qSDP8Y9X9mkHu1uTXqBWd0QqKg1D2dHLr5pspv9V-TNqleEIdAe5dc

As I'm now so completely back into film, there's only a possibility that it might eventually make it into my substantial Fuji gadget bag to replace my now-ageing X-T2 & X-T1 bodies, but only when they become cheap and second-hand - I'm done buying what was a seemingly endless stream of new cameras upon release every 18 months-2 years apart.

That would also be dependent on Fuji sticking with the X-Trans sensor and not returning to the ancient design of the Bayer sensor.

With Sigma now having all but abandoned its Foveon sensor, we've probably already lost the one other design alternative to the inaccurate Bayer approach, and with the modified interpolation structure of the last Sigma Foveon Quattro sensor being a step to that fully Bayer outcome, that now seems inevitable (unless Sigma pull some sort of rabbit from their hat and work through the limitations that saw the Quattro replace the 'proper' Foveon, and produce a new, higher resolution, proper Foveon replacement).

OK, I'm dreaming again - I won't be surprised if the digital world will once again be entirely ruled by Bayer.

(...and I'll be committed until death to the ways of silver halide photography, as it always had been before the computer industry usurped it :) ).

• Like 1

I never took a shine to the Fuji system, for reasons I can’t really explain. I think it had to do with the limited lens arsenal, which is obviously no longer the case. But adding IBIS now is certainly something that will win Fuji more friends in the realm of photography. For me though I don’t see myself switching to an APS-C system anytime soon. If I am going to bring something new into the fold I will most likely head in the direction of Sony A7 body with Canon glass for property photography and sticking with MFT for everything else.

My old E-M1 Olympus bodies are entering their 7th year of service this month. Only one of them has given me problems and it has a new shutter now, so is like a new camera. Interestingly apart from the sensor resolution, it has most of the features that modern mirrorless digital cameras have today, which just goes to show how advanced it was at the time of its release. 

7 hours ago, Dallas said:

I never took a shine to the Fuji system, for reasons I can’t really explain. 

You'd also have had to wean yourself off Adobe Lightroom.

I'm trying hard to avoid the temptation of some of the bigger lenses, as they would probably need a bigger body than my X-E3 to balance with them.  (the ones I'm trying to resist are the 80 macro and 100-400 - the price as well as the size is helping with my resistance).  However, I'm also tempted by a getting an extra body to convert to IR, but if I give in I could end up with 3 bodies.

7 hours ago, Dallas said:

My old E-M1 Olympus bodies are entering their 7th year of service this month. 

I've generally followed a similar pattern of keeping cameras for quite some time  - I started with a D50 which lasted about 5 years then a D7000 for around 7 years that I used until I swapped to Fuji just over a year ago.

• Like 1