crowecg

City at night

Rather than look at the night-time city scape from a distance, this time I'm right in it...

49110141787_1f80dd7495_o.jpg

Laneway 

49110125137_3ef4d216c4_o.jpg

Cathedral - this was the one mentioned in the early cityscape thread, but much closer.

Fuji X-E3, 27 f/2.8

• Like 3

I like the first one a lot. If cropped a little in the bottom it would even be nicer imho.

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

"You are not a loser when you're defeated.
You are a loser when you quit".
(Dr. House)

15 hours ago, atpaula said:

I like the first one a lot. If cropped a little in the bottom it would even be nicer imho.

How far do you think?  Perhaps take the bottom of the wall down to the corner?

this is certainly a theme I would like to revisit, I just don't get out in the city much.  Probably also need to be a bit earlier in the evening - I was a bit tired but also a little uncomfortable about the possibility of running into a drunk who wasn't happy with people taking photographs.  However I do think that the Fuji X-E3 and 27 f/2.8 are quite a good  combo for such a trip, I could manage some slow shutter speeds even without IS or resorting to electronic shutter.

Removing the keystoning in the second one with church and police car gives it more authority, makes it more natural. Can easily done in post these days, just one click away in LR or ACR, no need for a tilt/shift lens.

5 hours ago, crowecg said:

How far do you think?  Perhaps take the bottom of the wall down to the corner?

this is certainly a theme I would like to revisit, I just don't get out in the city much.  Probably also need to be a bit earlier in the evening - I was a bit tired but also a little uncomfortable about the possibility of running into a drunk who wasn't happy with people taking photographs.  However I do think that the Fuji X-E3 and 27 f/2.8 are quite a good  combo for such a trip, I could manage some slow shutter speeds even without IS or resorting to electronic shutter.

Just scroll the image down a little bit until the bikes are more centered.

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

"You are not a loser when you're defeated.
You are a loser when you quit".
(Dr. House)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions - hopefully I'll find some time to upload revised versions.

On 24/11/2019 at 20:43, Noct said:

Removing the keystoning in the second one with church and police car gives it more authority, makes it more natural. Can easily done in post these days, just one click away in LR or ACR, no need for a tilt/shift lens.

I find myself looking mostly at the cathedral and not noticing it much, but now you mention it, given the poles and structures at the edge of the frame, it is obvious.  They poles and the steel frame on the opposite side should form suitable lines to base the corrections on.

On 24/11/2019 at 23:54, atpaula said:

Just scroll the image down a little bit until the bikes are more centered.

I might have to take a bit off the sides as well.  I think just cropping the bottom will result in a more panoramic format and I think that will take away from the narrowness of the lane (not that it was a particularly narrow lane, but it is part of what I feel the image should portray).