Noct

Hyper Wide

Not easy to work with, but a lot of fun; a 10 mm rectilinear lens on a 24x36mm sensor camera. The lens is the Voigtlander Heliar Hyper Wide 10mm F/5.6, available in both Leica m-mount and Sony e-mount. Super sharp on-axis, a little less in  the corners however.

A few shots I made with it somewhere in Italy…

Hyper-01.jpg

Hyper-02.jpg

Hyper-03.jpg

Hyper-04.jpg

Hyper-05.jpg

Edited by Noct
  • Like 3

To put the extreme, hyper wide angle view of this lens in perspective, the highlighted insert shows the view of a Canon 17mm T/S lens (the lens that Dallas fancies) at its maximum shift of 12mm... 😑

insert17mm12shift.jpg

Very nice selection of images with such a wide angle of view.  I struggle with a 15 and usually do not go below a 20 mm 

Bill

.... it all gets better as we grow younger and thinner.

I never go wider than 35mm on full frame.   Wider than that and I get dizzy/headaches.

If I absolutely need wider, I'll do stitching with images from my 35mm or 50mm lens.

On 06/12/2019 at 00:25, BillM said:

Very nice selection of images with such a wide angle of view.  I struggle with a 15 and usually do not go below a 20 mm 

Thanks Bill. I was already familiar with 14mm (Nikkor 14-24mm) for over a decade, but 10mm is in a league of its own.

7 hours ago, blurmagic said:

I never go wider than 35mm on full frame.   Wider than that and I get dizzy/headaches.

If I absolutely need wider, I'll do stitching with images from my 35mm or 50mm lens.

Keep both eyes open helps? When I am bored of everything else, I just take one body and a 35mm lens with me. It is a safe haven.