rbsinto

Forever and always

As part of my rehab. from my right hip replacement at the end of August, I've been walking two miles a day

One day, while walking, I noticed a fossilized impression of a maple leaf in the concrete sidewalk, and when the leaves turned, drove back to the spot with my gear, arranged this composition and grabbed this shot.
Nikon D3
Nikon 24~70 2.8 G ED
5.6 @ 1/100, ISO 200

squ_U5330.1572467724.0.jpg

• Like 3

I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

Get well soon, Robert. 

Thanks Dallas.

Except for playing hockey, I'm pretty much as recovered as I'm going to get. I've also got spinal compression issues that cause me leg pain that is now more obvious because the terrible hip pain is gone.

However I think these issues can't be surgically resolved so I'll just suck it up and carry on. And I hope to skate in the pre-game warm-up this Friday or Sunday, and hope to be back playing in the new year.

Robert

Edited by rbsinto
  • Like 1

I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

My father-in-law is also recovering from his 3rd hip replacement on the same leg. His 2nd one had actually come apart and was causing him huge distress and pain - medical malpractice actually, but in this country trying to win a legal battle against the might of that profession is not likely, unless you're as loaded as a Sheik. He's a lot better now and has been able to resume his normal life, goes out dancing, etc. 

Getting old sucks. We're currently watching season 2 of The Kominsky Method on Netflix - I love it. It's so refreshing to see actual intellectual humour coming out of Hollywood for a change. Really good show, even if Michael Douglas is the lead actor. 

1 hour ago, Dallas said:

My father-in-law is also recovering from his 3rd hip replacement on the same leg. His 2nd one had actually come apart and was causing him huge distress and pain - medical malpractice actually, but in this country trying to win a legal battle against the might of that profession is not likely, unless you're as loaded as a Sheik. He's a lot better now and has been able to resume his normal life, goes out dancing, etc. 

Getting old sucks. We're currently watching season 2 of The Kominsky Method on Netflix - I love it. It's so refreshing to see actual intellectual humour coming out of Hollywood for a change. Really good show, even if Michael Douglas is the lead actor. 

Dallas,

The fear of the femur snapping under the stress of hockey goaltending is likely why the surgeon is rather evasive when I asked him about resuming playing, and when I played my last games before the surgery, I informed the teams that if i was unable to resume playing to the standard I wanted to, that I'd retire. I have no wish to be a "charity case" in either of these games.

Robert

wonderful image Robert ...  I like it a lot on all levels (idea, clours, composition) ... always nice to see your work!

And fingers crossed for a great hockey season to your standards and without pain!

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

5 hours ago, Chris Wahl said:

wonderful image Robert ...  I like it a lot on all levels (idea, clours, composition) ... always nice to see your work!

And fingers crossed for a great hockey season to your standards and without pain!

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words, on both the picture and my recovery.

Robert

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 12:17, Dallas said:

Getting old sucks. 

It is better than the alternative.