Mike G

OS Catalina

I used this app to analyze my macOS systems. It found a lot of older Adobe components that their uninstall / upgrade tools missed.

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/

I deleted all my Adobe software, ran it again, and it still found cruft on my system. I removed all this extraneous cruft and re-installed my Adobe CC Lightroom Classic and Adobe CC Photoshop. No more 32-bit Adobe cruft after this cleanup. Most of the remaining 32-bit pieces are Apple so I’m not worried about this. I did find some third party tools like WonderShare DVD Ripper were out of date and no longer made.

This Go64 app is free and really helpful.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 03:55, Mike G said:

I only regret losing Aperture, anything else I can live easily without!

There was an article I read last week with a link to something that replaces the old files in Aperture and gets it going again

https://petapixel.com/2019/10/29/this-app-lets-you-use-apples-aperture-photo-editor-on-macos-catalina/

Unfortunately I'd just deleted my Aperture install a few days before so haven't tried it.  

the other option if you really want an Aperture clone is RAW Power.  The only thing is that it is a standalone editor or plugin and lacks the library / DAM aspects of Aperture.

• Like 1

Chris, I too read that and yes I too deleted Aperture. Some time ago I moved all my Aperture Processed files so as to make them available to Lightroom. Sadly Aperture has suffered from a lack of development in recent times, and for me it was the end of the road, hey ho!

This converter came to late to the party! But I do miss it.

Mike Gorman

Nikon Z6, Nikkor Z 24-70, 35, 85, FTZ adapter 

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Panasonic 15, 20, 25, - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100