Akira

Citroën H Van

Posted (edited)

It may not be that rare for the European folks, but here in Japan it should be rarely seen.

_DSF0057.jpg

_DSF0058.jpg

Edited by Akira
  • Like 1

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

That's a pretty cool looking van! I would change the color though if it were mine. Maybe a bright orange, or red? :) 

There are still some of these to be seen on French roads. A big brother to the 2CV, which was very technologically advanced for its time.

8 hours ago, Dallas said:

That's a pretty cool looking van! I would change the color though if it were mine. Maybe a bright orange, or red? :) 

One of the charm of this van or 2CV is that you can casually paint it the way you like without worrying about the resale value.  :D

2 hours ago, vivionm said:

There are still some of these to be seen on French roads. A big brother to the 2CV, which was very technologically advanced for its time.

When I lived in Munich in the early 80s, 2CV was very popular among the university students along with Käfer.

A friend of mine had a 2CV, but I was a Käfer man (VW Beetle) in my student days.

V

• Like 1

You can't help smiling when you see a 2CV coming towards you, especially if it's at some ludicrous angle, but i've always loved the DS2X as a thing of beauty and complex Hydro-Pneumatic suspension, let alone the cranky gearshift and button brake pedal. I do have pictures somewhere of a Light 15 on a historic rally (Le Jog, IIRC) coming through these parts, so switch off now!

That's Lands End to John O' Groats for those less familiar with British rallying, so one end of Blighty to the other !!

cheers, Maurice

• Like 1

"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

On 05/10/2019 at 05:40, CarreraS said:

You can't help smiling when you see a 2CV coming towards you, especially if it's at some ludicrous angle, but i've always loved the DS2X as a thing of beauty and complex Hydro-Pneumatic suspension, let alone the cranky gearshift and button brake pedal. I do have pictures somewhere of a Light 15 on a historic rally (Le Jog, IIRC) coming through these parts, so switch off now!

That's Lands End to John O' Groats for those less familiar with British rallying, so one end of Blighty to the other !!

cheers, Maurice

I've heard you can continue to drive the DS even if it loses one wheel thanks to its unique suspension system.  I appreciate not only the art but also the technology for such an originality.

1 hour ago, Akira said:

I've heard you can continue to drive the DS even if it loses one wheel thanks to its unique suspension system.  I appreciate not only the art but also the technology for such an originality.

It depends on which wheel. If you lose a front wheel you are in trouble.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vivionm said:

It depends on which wheel. If you lose a front wheel you are in trouble.

Oh, you are right!  I also notice that if a rear wheel is loose, it would bounce around in the tire in the half-covered housing.  Even this unique suspension would be of no help...

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.