Dallas

Single Malt, Ruined...

I did a shoot for The Macallan here on Friday. Bit of a last minute thing for Women's Day. Apparently this cocktail was quite nice, cinnamon, ginger beer and this single malt, but I didn't get to taste it. The bottle is almost empty, label stained and somebody had a sip of the drink already, so not the best look for the brand, but hey, they set it up, I pulled the trigger. 

Shot with Olympus E-M1 and 75/1.8 (I haven't used that lens in a long time but I think I need to change that. 

DAL15744.jpg

• Like 2

The bottle and cocktail work nicely with the table and background colourise , but I can't believe a client would be so slap happy with the setup.

• Applaud 1

Still trying.

What an adulteration of a good single malt.

Not to criticise the photo, but the diverging verticals of the bottle disturb me.

23 minutes ago, vivionm said:

What an adulteration of a good single malt.

Not to criticise the photo, but the diverging verticals of the bottle disturb me.

The diverging verticals are apparently part of the shape of the bottle.  Have a look at other photos if you do not have a bottle handy.

I agree about the waste of a good malt.  The cocktail would taste the same with something of much lower quality.

I have a bottle of Talisker single malt by me.

I would put nothing in it but a little water.

Such a good job I don't like Whisky, and I agree with the other Mike very sloppy presentation!

It occurs to me Dallas do you think the photo will hurt your reputation?

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Macallan do some arty sponsorship here, I'm not sure they would be too pleased with that setup ! It's a pleasant malt, fairly gentle on the palate as I recall. I rarely drink malt, and then it might well be Irish ! As in Bushmills 10 YO... 😋

In fact, what with this bl00dy fracture, I'm out of Calvados, Armagnac & Cognac .. 😪 .. and the wine stocks are sinking fast !

cheers, Maurice

"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

This one was taken inside the restaurant. Gives a better idea of the bottle shape. 

I've done a few jobs at events for these folks, via their Edinburgh based ad agency. I think they use these shots on social media only when they are publicising an event they are doing. Interestingly the chap who runs the agency has the same surname as @Mike G. :) 

DALL0019.jpg

That's a much better photo.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree. Much better.

Still trying.

I agree that Scotch Whiskey shouldn't be diluted with anything, as that tends to lower the total alcohol concentration which makes the cleaning of my paint brushes less effective.

Robert

• Like 2

I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

5 hours ago, Dallas said:

This one was taken inside the restaurant. Gives a better idea of the bottle shape. 

I've done a few jobs at events for these folks, via their Edinburgh based ad agency. I think they use these shots on social media only when they are publicising an event they are doing. Interestingly the chap who runs the agency has the same surname as @Mike G. :) 

DALL0019.jpg

Well there ya go if he has the same surname as me he can’t be all bad! 😊

• Like 1

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Vodka is better for cleaning paintbrushes.

6 hours ago, vivionm said:

Vodka is better for cleaning paintbrushes.

Vivion,

I'll take your word for it as I don't drink, but I'd guess that Scotch Whiskey would probably make an excellent base for Napalm.

Robert

• Like 1

I shoot film. That's film. F...i....l....m. You remember film don't you? It was in all the papers.

6 hours ago, rbsinto said:

Vivion,

I'll take your word for it as I don't drink, but I'd guess that Scotch Whiskey would probably make an excellent base for Napalm.

Robert

I have not actually tried that!

Now Robert, do please be careful.  We don't want war to break out between Scotland and Canada do we!  :D