Sign in to follow this  
crowecg

Below the snow line

Following my earlier snowy post, here are a few more shots from the same trip, but lower down the mountains.

48239991461_5532ee4212_o.jpg

Remarkables - the snow shots were taken behind the ridge in the centre of the picture, with Queenstown down below in the foreground.

48239996151_28cb3872e6_o.jpg

Looking west, somewhere beyond the mountains and across the ocean is home!

48239975361_3181c4892f_o.jpg

Steamer on the lake, the mountains of pic #1 in the background.

48239970911_c72633090e_o.jpg

Sunset over the lake.  Slipped the camera in my pocket on the way out for dinner and managed to grab this shot.  I nearly didn't bother taking the camera with me, which would have been a shame.

All taken with Fuji X-E3, first three using 18-55 and the last using 27 f/2.8.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      For those of you sweating through those Northern Hemisphere summer heatwaves, a little snow from down here.  I had a few days over in New Zealand last week.

Double Cone summit above Remarkables Ski Area

Shadow Basin  - I didn't realise at the time, but that flat area in the centre contains a small lake, and I just happened to ski over it!😧

Wye Creek valley and mountains beyond the southern limit of the ski area.

Looking back into the ski area from the same point as the picture above.

Clouds  I was lucky much of the time that the clouds were either down below or up above or even both at the same time, but quite clear where I was.  As the sun started to drop in the late afternoon, things could look quite dramatic.

More Clouds, somehow managing to stay out of the valley!

All shot with X-E3 and 27 f/2.8.  I wanted to keep the set up light and relatively compact to avoid damage - I suspect I may have rolled over it a couple of times😖.  Despite it's small size, I didn't have any problem operating the camera with thin gloves on and could almost get away with it using thicker gloves as long as I just stuck to the main settings.  No problems with the cold, although I would only take a couple of photos before putting the camera back in the bag - it didn't get above 0C most days.

• By nivaun
      A combination of Barnes Creek entering the Lake Crescent and the wind blowing waves against the silhouette of the tree root gave me the impression it was a swimming dragon. I also like how the sunset created a convenient X.

Capture: Fujifilm X-T1, 6.5s, f/22, iso 100. - Zeiss Touit 12mm - Lee Seven5 Big Stopper, .9 GND soft, Polarizer - B&W-R simulation
      Pixelroom: On1 PhotoRAW 2018.5

• By nivaun
      A project of mine is to make one shot photographs that appear to have layers or some kind of pixelroom effects applied but are completely done in camera. This was of a tree root floating in a lake. My goal was to make it appear as though two images were stacked.

Capture: Fujifilm X-E2, 1/15, f/9, iso 200 - Fujinon XF 55-200mm
      Pixelroom: PhotoRAW 2017

• By Luc de Schepper
      "Mountain" by Anish Kapoor. Museum Beelden aan Zee, Scheveningen/Netherlands. In-camera double exposure.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.