Mike G

The Wedding Party

These three young ladies were part of one of three wedding parties at the Reichsberg castle in Cochem.
Don’t know if the girl with the veil was or was not one of the brides?

24002FB7-CE8C-4578-9859-C58ABA243F6C.thumb.jpeg.26d02866384c8cf102a5f35e5914b6e8.jpeg

G9 + PLeica 12-60mm @ 1/1000 f4 ISO200 

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Well it seems that the ladies are pretty serious about their grog   -   even their drinking glasses are attached!  (And one has a matching Tee-shirt complete with more glasses!)

• Like 1

It shows how sharp your camera and lens are, that is for sure!  Interesting angle on them, too, like they're on the edge. I really like the blurred out background. The overall color works for me.

The thing that makes it less than great is their expressions, however. They seem unhappy, or bored (maybe it was a boring pt of the wedding?). It is still an interesting shot, but more of a candid capture.

I'm not sure of customs there, but in the US they would look to be part of a bachelorette party.  The one with the veil would be the future bride.  These are often drinking events which would explain the cups as well.

Jeremy

Ah ha Jeremy - your explanation seems likely - known as "hens parties" here in Australia and NZ.  The equivalent male  party for the groom/victim is known as a "stag party".  Sometimes the groom's "friends" play all sorts of wicked tricks on the hapless groom at such parties.....

1 hour ago, anabasis said:

I'm not sure of customs there, but in the US they would look to be part of a bachelorette party.  The one with the veil would be the future bride.  These are often drinking events which would explain the cups as well.

Jeremy

• Like 1

I have a long time ago seen a hapless groom handcuffed naked to a lamppost!

They are also called hen parties here and also the girls get tricks played on them too.

I understand that Prague is a popular venue in Europe as it's known as a party town!

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

The Temple Bar quarter in Dublin contains a  number of bars and restaurants and has unfortunately become a magnet for stag and hen party groups from the UK.

The main street is often awash with vomit by the end of the night.

Hopefully Brexit may reduce this activity. After all, Brexit has to be good for something. Right?

2 minutes ago, vivionm said:

After all, Brexit has to be good for something. Right?

No politics here please, Vivion. 

Sorry.

• Like 1

😪 .. I'm saying nothing !

"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com