Clactonian

The Old Photographer's Shop

Posted (edited)

Just returned from another of my weekend breaks on the Pas de Calais, France where I discovered another gem, the Parc St Joseph Village open air museum. A treasure trove of recreated shops, businesses and religious buildings containing literally thousands of original artefacts and tools.

I recently changed one of my Nikons for a comparative bargain mint second hand Leica CL complete with 18mm f2.8 pancake lens. It proved an ideal holiday camera and a joy to use on this trip.

The Photographer's Shop.jpg

Edited by Clactonian
  • Like 1

Still trying.

Nice find, Mike. 

Fortunately I was cured of my 35mm film camera fetish a few years ago otherwise I might have had a bigger display than that! At one point I had all the Nikon F models except for the original and the F6. Plus there were lower models including N90s, N8008, FE2, FM2n, etc, etc. Not to mention the Canon FD bodies, including their rare F-1, a couple of Leica M's and an Olympus OM2n (which was the last one I sold). All I have left now is a Yashica A, a Fed 2 and a couple of other really old fixed lens rangefinders, one is a Fujinon and the other a Voigtlander. 

The Leica CL is very good.