Jump to content
Dallas

Remembering Namibia (10 Years Of Safaris Part 4)

Recommended Posts

Great images accompanying an awesome travel diary, the part about how much you enjoyed wine tasting is amusing 

  • Like 1

Regards,

Armando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Armando. Yes, I like to poke some fun at the wine lovers, who completely surrounded me on that safari. :) There was, I think, maybe one glass of red wine that I sampled on that trip which I might have been able to finish, but I'm stumped if I can remember the type.

 

Actually it may have been all the wine mixed with malaria meds that landed me in the hospital later that September, come to think of it! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like good wine, especially the better French reds.

Shoot me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Namibia is defiantly on my revisit list too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vivionm said:

I like good wine, especially the better French reds.

Shoot me.

 

There's nothing wrong with liking wine. I just don't like all the sophisticated blah-blah that seems to accompany it most of the time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm worried a no deal Brexit will threaten my access to French wine at affordable prices ! If it happens, I may have to shoot Vivion to get at his cellar .. ;)


"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may make the French wine cheaper. Prohibition certainly didn't stop anybody in the US from getting sauced... ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CarreraS said:

I'm worried a no deal Brexit will threaten my access to French wine at affordable prices ! If it happens, I may have to shoot Vivion to get at his cellar .. ;)

Brexit will certainly lead to price increases for red wine in the UK.

I have two cellars, one for wine, one for my bicycles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody want a used useless blonde MP who has to my knowledge never been seen in his constituency?

Exported anywhere in Europe or the world fairly cheap?

  • LOL 1

Mike Gorman

 

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you hear what Ian Hislop (Private Eye) had to say about him on R4 yesterday ? Excoriating at best !

 

Maybe I'll have to scan in the latest cover to share with the rest of the world .. ? Is there a 'cartoons' section ?

 

cheers, Maurice


"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dallas said:

It may make the French wine cheaper. Prohibition certainly didn't stop anybody in the US from getting sauced... ;) 

 

As I remember it (no, I wasn't there ), the Prohibition era was really rather undiscriminating .. saucing was the objective with no regard for the journey to be savoured en route .. ;) ..  and there's a lot of duty and VAT involved already, even before we get to tariffs ! I'm DOOMED ! 


"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike G said:

Anybody want a used useless blonde MP who has to my knowledge never been seen in his constituency?

Exported anywhere in Europe or the world fairly cheap?

If he’d managed his taxes better and didn’t dump his US citizenship, he could have been tempted with a nice detached house rather than a dingy London terrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No politics on Fotozones please, gentlemen. Thank you.🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CarreraS said:

 

As I remember it (no, I wasn't there ), the Prohibition era was really rather undiscriminating .. saucing was the objective with no regard for the journey to be savoured en route .. ;) ..  and there's a lot of duty and VAT involved already, even before we get to tariffs ! I'm DOOMED ! 

And not just French wine affected. Also Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German wines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A photo from Namibia (although not one of Dallas' safaris) to get things back on topic...👨‍🎓

 

D7E_9049

 

 

A scan of old film, desaturated to hide some of the horrible colour casts from that batch of developing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How very sadly true.

 

On 09/06/2019 at 20:31, Dallas said:

 

................................  I just don't like all the sophisticated blah-blah that seems to accompany it most of the time. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.