Dallas

Remembering Namibia (10 Years Of Safaris Part 4)

Great images accompanying an awesome travel diary, the part about how much you enjoyed wine tasting is amusing 

• Like 1

Regards,

Armando

Thanks Armando. Yes, I like to poke some fun at the wine lovers, who completely surrounded me on that safari. :) There was, I think, maybe one glass of red wine that I sampled on that trip which I might have been able to finish, but I'm stumped if I can remember the type.

Actually it may have been all the wine mixed with malaria meds that landed me in the hospital later that September, come to think of it! :D 

I like good wine, especially the better French reds.

Shoot me.

Namibia is defiantly on my revisit list too.

2 hours ago, vivionm said:

I like good wine, especially the better French reds.

Shoot me.

There's nothing wrong with liking wine. I just don't like all the sophisticated blah-blah that seems to accompany it most of the time. 

• Like 2

I'm worried a no deal Brexit will threaten my access to French wine at affordable prices ! If it happens, I may have to shoot Vivion to get at his cellar .. ;)

"Wild things are always faster"

from 'Two Dogs' by Philip Hodgins

Wild-Things@btconnect.com

www.Wild-Things-Photography.com

It may make the French wine cheaper. Prohibition certainly didn't stop anybody in the US from getting sauced... ;) 

30 minutes ago, CarreraS said:

I'm worried a no deal Brexit will threaten my access to French wine at affordable prices ! If it happens, I may have to shoot Vivion to get at his cellar .. ;)

Brexit will certainly lead to price increases for red wine in the UK.

I have two cellars, one for wine, one for my bicycles.

Anybody want a used useless blonde MP who has to my knowledge never been seen in his constituency?

Exported anywhere in Europe or the world fairly cheap?

• LOL 1

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Did you hear what Ian Hislop (Private Eye) had to say about him on R4 yesterday ? Excoriating at best !

Maybe I'll have to scan in the latest cover to share with the rest of the world .. ? Is there a 'cartoons' section ?

cheers, Maurice

9 hours ago, Dallas said:

It may make the French wine cheaper. Prohibition certainly didn't stop anybody in the US from getting sauced... ;) 

As I remember it (no, I wasn't there ), the Prohibition era was really rather undiscriminating .. saucing was the objective with no regard for the journey to be savoured en route .. ;) ..  and there's a lot of duty and VAT involved already, even before we get to tariffs ! I'm DOOMED ! 

5 hours ago, Mike G said:

Anybody want a used useless blonde MP who has to my knowledge never been seen in his constituency?

Exported anywhere in Europe or the world fairly cheap?

If he’d managed his taxes better and didn’t dump his US citizenship, he could have been tempted with a nice detached house rather than a dingy London terrace.

No politics on Fotozones please, gentlemen. Thank you.🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CarreraS said:

As I remember it (no, I wasn't there ), the Prohibition era was really rather undiscriminating .. saucing was the objective with no regard for the journey to be savoured en route .. ;) ..  and there's a lot of duty and VAT involved already, even before we get to tariffs ! I'm DOOMED ! 

And not just French wine affected. Also Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German wines.

A photo from Namibia (although not one of Dallas' safaris) to get things back on topic...👨‍🎓

D7E_9049

A scan of old film, desaturated to hide some of the horrible colour casts from that batch of developing.

• Like 1

How very sadly true.

On 09/06/2019 at 20:31, Dallas said:

................................  I just don't like all the sophisticated blah-blah that seems to accompany it most of the time. 

• Like 1