Dallas

Good Luck Find

On a local gear classifieds forum I saw an advert for an Olympus 12-100mm f/4.0 PRO at a really keen price. It had been won in a competition by a Canon user who had no use for it. I got it for about $550, which is less than half the retail value. This isn't a lens I had any intention of buying because as you know I already have the incredible 12-40/2.8 PRO which is one of the best zoom lenses I have ever owned, but after some personal recommendations by Fotozones members and reading the reviews of some highly regarded internet writers (including Ming Thein, Thom Hogan and a few others), I have learned that this lens is a must have for MFT users. 

It's come just in time for my imminent safari too, so expect a field review sometime in July. :) 

EM1B1757.jpg

• Like 1

So, you got it virtually as brand new for less than half of its retail price?  That was a steal!  Congrats!  Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

Yup, it had not been used previously. The guy won it with the E-M1 Mk II as a kit, but the person he sold the camera to didn't want the lens, so I scored a big luck with this one. :) 

Jammy bugger!

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Thanks guys. I had to do some damage to my credit card for this, but I will recoup when I sell a few other lenses that will now be superfluous, namely my Oly 12-40/2.8 PRO (that will be really sad to part with!) and Oly 9-18/4-5.6. I've held onto the latter since getting the 8-18mm because it's really such a good little lens and the small size makes it ideal for travel use.