From a recent visit.  Windy, blustery, and scenic. Photogenic area, also.

GB

DSC_2547_Edit1_sepia_2000.jpg

• Like 4

I concur. Lovely shot.

Thanks guys, I also feel that the ship adds to the shot, rather than hurts it (some may feel the opposite).

I didn't realize that there are many such classic vistas on the north end of the bridge, an area they call Salsalito. There are several roads you can take off the main one to mountain tops, each w/ their own unique (though familiar) angle (you see these shots on postcards, etc., so nothing is really unique). The area is extremely windy, and it's hard to believe they don't have windmills, which makes photography a little more challenging. Below is a pic of the homes around the small village of Salsalito, they are all extremely expensive as the SF Bay area is the least affordable in the USA.

DSC_2599_Edit1_2000.jpg

2 hours ago, GB111 said:

they are all extremely expensive as the SF Bay area is the least affordable in the USA

Kind of weird that, seeing as SF is located on a fault that could swallow them all into the ground at any time. But then again, humans are a curious species... :) 

Dallas, SF does lie on a fault, and so does LA, etc. San Diego also has a fault that runs through the most exp part of the town (La Jolla). Crazy for sure, but perhaps this adds an air of 'live now' philosophy?