Dallas

A Lovely Home

The real estate work continues... Am about to take on a new client soon who also want me to do video (ack!). 

Here's a few frames from a wonderful home I shot last month. I absolutely fell in love with this place. 

33976100488_3210b8619c_k.jpg

From the corner looking back at the kitchen, living area and bar. 

47063966724_faf06fac4a_k.jpg

Kitchen area

47853428671_5f92a71713_k.jpg

Master bedroom

What I liked most about the place was the way the owners have used the open spaces and also furnished them with rustic pieces made from reclaimed wood. This is a style I can really identify with. 

• Like 3

Dallas, I can see why you like it. :)

• Like 1

Me too!

• Like 1

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Thank guys. I have been doing some really nice homes lately. They seem to be sending me to the upper listings now, which is great. I did a private job this afternoon that I will share some pics of a bit later on. I was so busy today I literally haven't had a chance to do anything other than shoot, edit and field messages. 

This is from my last shoot of the day today, a very modern home that had been properly staged for me (this makes such a difference!). 

32911848917_55643d5300_k.jpg

32911855747_ab400b2209_k.jpg

Taken from a little further back (just noticed the rings on the ottoman - will need to fix that and re-upload). 

47855960491_78793df5cd_k.jpg

En-suite. 

46939680775_a7fbe8cb7d_k.jpg

Master bedroom.

• Like 1

I agree.

Your images presented on these pages leaves what I am seeing in the majority of Melbourne real estate publications a long way behind.  I guess that is why you are getting gigs to photograph the better listings - you have been "discovered".  Good stuff. 👍

2 hours ago, Luc de Schepper said:

Really great images Dallas, you've found your forte imo.

• Like 1

Really really nice images! 

I guess using a wide angle with a small aperture gives you all the necessary depth ? 

Do you fix the vertical lines in post or put lots of attention to have the camera really level? maybe both?

Whatever the  technique the results are superb

• Like 1

Regards,

Armando

7 hours ago, armando_m said:

Really really nice images! 

I guess using a wide angle with a small aperture gives you all the necessary depth ? 

Do you fix the vertical lines in post or put lots of attention to have the camera really level? maybe both?

Whatever the  technique the results are superb

Thanks so much, Armando. :) 

One of the features of the Olympus E-M1 is that it has built in level gauges which I use to make sure that I have the camera properly level on the ballhead when framing up my compositions. Having this feature saves a lot of time in post. On occasion I do have to straighten the verticals in Lightroom manually, so I made a preset to do this. It does work, but not always (don't know why), in which case I would then have to manually straighten. I don't use Photoshop at all for my RE work, which goes totally against the grain if you read any of the many RE boards online. 

Lens wise I am using the Pan-Leica 8-18mm and it's always at f/8, which with the smaller MFT sensor seems to keep everything in focus. 

Dallas, thanks for the technical methods you use.  I use the level gauges in my E-M1 to help overcome my bad tendency towards creating sloping horizons.

Although most higher end Nikons have a similar facility, they are not as easy to invoke or use as those on both the E-M1 Mk1 and Mk2.  In the Nikons I have used, I set the Fn2 button to turn the level indicators on and off.

3 hours ago, Dallas said:

Thanks so much, Armando. :) 

One of the features of the Olympus E-M1 is that it has built in level gauges which I use to make sure that I have the camera properly level on the ballhead when framing up my compositions. Having this feature saves a lot of time in post. On occasion I do have to straighten the verticals in Lightroom manually, so I made a preset to do this. It does work, but not always (don't know why), in which case I would then have to manually straighten. I don't use Photoshop at all for my RE work, which goes totally against the grain if you read any of the many RE boards online. 

Lens wise I am using the Pan-Leica 8-18mm and it's always at f/8, which with the smaller MFT sensor seems to keep everything in focus.