How'd you enjoy the Z6? Not on the cards for me (I don't think I will ever go back to Nikon, but never say never), I'm more interested in the Canon R and EOS range of lenses. 

Posted (edited)

Colourful!  Love the background iamges. 

What are the two full sized planes in the foreground - I don't recognise them.  Dutch or European makes?

EDIT:  They appear to be Fokker S-11 trainer aircraft, so Dutch and therefore also European! :)

Edited by Hugh_3170

Posted (edited)

Thanks! Hugh, those are indeed Fokker S.11 trainer aircraft, stationed at Lelystad Airport.

Another one from this outing, this image processed from RAW after I converted the NEF to DNG with the Adobe DNG converter (my old Lightroom 5.7 doesn't support Z6 NEF).

The building in the background is a reconstruction of the 1930's Schiphol Airport Building.

47035815724_7873db505d_h.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 2

This one takes me back.  Lelystad is on my bucket list.

• Like 1

Aviodrome Lelystad is nice although is was better in the past, the lack of money for maintenance and investments is clearly visible. A visit to Lelystad could be combined with the nearby very interesting Military Museum in Soesterberg. I’d be happy to show/drive you around Hugh.

Luc, thank you for your kind offer.  Hopefully in you summer of 2020 all being well. 

I have some family tree research to complete here first, and then in the UK.  Duxford is also on my list - fortunate locality as two of my great grandprents came from that area.

So this morning I handled a Nikon Z6 with a 24-70/4.0 lens for the first time. Very nice camera! The AF was pretty fast and the EVF was nice, but I was expecting it to be a little brighter. Could just have been the way the camera was set up. Extremely expensive in Rands! 😬