crowecg

Winter is coming.....

Beautiful scene, Chris.  I like the lighting of the first one and the dynamic composition of the last one.    XF 27/2.8 seems to be a nice one.

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

15 hours ago, Akira said:

Beautiful scene, Chris.  I like the lighting of the first one and the dynamic composition of the last one.    XF 27/2.8 seems to be a nice one.

I'm not sure where it sits in quality compared to other lenses in that range of focal lengths, but it certainly makes a compact system with the X-E3.  It fits nicely into a pocket, something I used to rely on a J1 for, so I've effectively replaced two cameras - the J1 and a D7000.  

Thanks for for the comments (and likes). I'm sure there will be more of this sort of thing and it's a good excuse not to work too late.

10 hours ago, Walter Rowe said:

My favorite time of night when you can capture that sapphire blue sky. Well done.

It is a wonderful time, but so fleeting.  And also often so busy too.

Thank you for your beautiful pictures. I feel kind of bizarre knowing winter is near for you and that we just finally past it over here in snowy Canada!

Have a nice weekend, Daniel M

A trace of light that survive a little further than the actual moment of flash.

photodanielm.blogspot.com

Daniel M on Fliickr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      I've waited months to get this shot - there is a 3-4 week period twice a year when things line up!  Same spot up on Studley Park Road that I have used previously.  I was hoping desperately that the cloud didn't thicken as I drove over.

sunset 

I might post a few more once I get through reviewing them.
    • By crowecg
      Following on from my earlier historic Melbourne post, a few blocks further east, another interesting corner.

FS0 4 Swanston Street looking north.

Most people shoot this corner looking towards the station in the southwestern corner of the intersection, but I think this direction is quite an interesting choice.  Another interesting thing is that both of Melbourne's cathedrals were completed without spires, which were later added in the 1920's or '30's.  Looking back at the picture Alan posted that started this idea in this thread, the tall towers/spires are Town Hall (left of centre), Scots Church (tallest, in centre) and St Michael's Uniting Church (second tallest, slightly right of centre).  I'm not sure about the other 3-4 towers visible in that shot, but they don't seem to be current churches.

• By crowecg
      Whilst scouting out the barracks (see here if you are wondering why), I thought I'd better get some other photos too, so as not to look too suspicious.😎

DSCF4353 

This is Melbourne's Shrine of Remembrance.  For all the tall buildings visible from here, planning restrictions prevent towers from as much as casting a shadow across this view.

DSCF4364 

And closer.  Then turning around ....

DSCF4361 

DSCF4367 

Shot with Fuji X-E3 and 27 f/2.8 or 55-200.
    • By crowecg
      Having failed to capture some decent sunset pictures the other evening (as noted in the later entries to this post), I decided to go for sunrise instead.

DSCF4322 

DSCF4323 

OK, I cheated a little bit - the white balance is set to 'daylight fluorescent', which makes it even more golden looking.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.