crowecg

Winter is coming.....

Beautiful scene, Chris.  I like the lighting of the first one and the dynamic composition of the last one.    XF 27/2.8 seems to be a nice one.

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

15 hours ago, Akira said:

Beautiful scene, Chris.  I like the lighting of the first one and the dynamic composition of the last one.    XF 27/2.8 seems to be a nice one.

I'm not sure where it sits in quality compared to other lenses in that range of focal lengths, but it certainly makes a compact system with the X-E3.  It fits nicely into a pocket, something I used to rely on a J1 for, so I've effectively replaced two cameras - the J1 and a D7000.  

Thanks for for the comments (and likes). I'm sure there will be more of this sort of thing and it's a good excuse not to work too late.

10 hours ago, Walter Rowe said:

My favorite time of night when you can capture that sapphire blue sky. Well done.

It is a wonderful time, but so fleeting.  And also often so busy too.

Thank you for your beautiful pictures. I feel kind of bizarre knowing winter is near for you and that we just finally past it over here in snowy Canada!

Have a nice weekend, Daniel M

A trace of light that survive a little further than the actual moment of flash.

photodanielm.blogspot.com

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      This morning I found a bit of time and managed to get back to a location overlooking the Melbourne skyline to try and recreate some shots I took a little of 8 years ago.  The comparisons are interesting both in the changes in the cityscape and in the cameras available to me.

This was the original shot I wanted to recreate - a crop from a 6Mpixel image taken with a Nikon D50 and 18-55

Skyline 1

And the newer image - a slight crop of a 24Mpixel image taken with a Fuji X-E3 and 18-55.

Skyline 2 
    • By crowecg
      Last night we took a trip to the cricket.  As I didn't take a big bag of gear, the game itself wasn't much of a photo opportunity.

Export-0 

The journey home provided more photo opportunities.

Exit Stair case leaving the stadium

Footbridge (I think I may have shot this one before - can't remember if it was day or night).

Monague St Flyover  - I've definitely shot several around here, but this might be a new angle!

All shot Fuji X-E3 with 27 f/2.8
    • By crowecg
      Shortly after I first arrived in Melbourne I took a picture of Flinders St station from across the river in Southbank.  The station was all lit up, but the sky was not quite black, still a deep blue.  I really liked it, but it was only a 2 MPixel image.  For years I've wanted to get back and take a bigger version, but never quite managed it.  One time, I was just a bit too late and the sky was already black (see here) and another time, the station was wrapped in scaffolding for renovation works.  However, this week I finally managed it!!!!😁

So, here is the new version:

Flinders St Station

And this is the original:

Original

The angles are a little bit different, but growth of the trees in the intervening 13.5 years made that necessary to avoid blocking some of the key features of the station.

I also grabbed a few other shots whilst there.  I think this one works better as black and white as the colours of the city lights draw my eyes away from the bar on the island below the bridge.

Island Bar

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.