crowecg

Tired Parrot

This is from a couple of weeks ago.  The poor little thing was getting mobbed by a flock of seagulls and finally settled on the wall close to me. I must have seemed less threatening than the gulls.

47532446062_631d66a748_o.jpg

DSCF2587 

Fuji E-E3 with Fuji 55-200

• Like 2

Are these considered parrots? Over here they are called cockatiels. 

3 hours ago, Dallas said:

Are these considered parrots? Over here they are called cockatiels. 

They also go by the name crested parrot here, but you are right, it is a cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crowecg
      A few from a recent trip to Sydney.

Landmarks - all in one picture!

& @ night 

View from small park further back - a nice little pocket of green and peacefulness among the city bustle.

Through the blinds - as we sat down for dinner, the setting sun was visible through the blinds and created a nice painterly image.

It was a bit of a challenging trip with quite a bit of disruption on the way up - my first flight was cancelled before I even set out to the airport, the replacement got as far as Canberra before circling for about 90 minutes then returning to Melbourne and after a bit of waiting again to get rebooked I got home around 11pm before the third flight at 7am on Saturday morning eventually got me there.  
    • By crowecg
      This morning I found a bit of time and managed to get back to a location overlooking the Melbourne skyline to try and recreate some shots I took a little of 8 years ago.  The comparisons are interesting both in the changes in the cityscape and in the cameras available to me.

This was the original shot I wanted to recreate - a crop from a 6Mpixel image taken with a Nikon D50 and 18-55

Skyline 1

And the newer image - a slight crop of a 24Mpixel image taken with a Fuji X-E3 and 18-55.

Skyline 2 
    • By crowecg
      On a recent Australia Day outing, I had a chance to give the Fuji 55-200 a bit of a workout with the various sea birds along the beach.

Hooded Plovers which often result in sand dunes along our coast being off limits due to their ground level nesting.

Pacific Gull  - these are big, and whilst I have cropped this a bit, the wingtips just dip out of the frame - the following frame with the wings in the upper position had the tips just out of the top too!

Silver Gulls these are the most common along our coast and seemed to have found something interesting in the top of the bush as they were frequently gliding in, landing and then taking off again.

Silver Gulls x2 
    • By crowecg
      The Australia Day public holiday marks the end of the summer holiday period here in Australia, with people heading back to work and kids back to school.  We took advantage of the long weekend to have  few days out - one to the hills and the other to the coast.

The trip to the hills involved some cycling along the Warburton Rail Trail - around 40km of disused railway line no used for cycling, walking and horse riding (We didn't do it all).

Cycling 

We also took a drive up to the summit of Mount Donna Buang and a brief walk around the rain forest tree top trail.

Rain Forest

The coast trip involved a bit of time on the beach at Flinders and some stops along towards Cape Schank.

Cape Schank

Cape Schank Lighthouse 

Waves 

Lone Tree  - Whilst sitting on the beach, this lone tree on a distant headland attracted my attention.  Unfortunately by the time I realised the shot I wanted, the tide was coming in and I couldn't get close enough, even at 200mm, so I've had to crop.

Lone Tree B&W A B&W version also appealed to me, although it is a bit hazy.  Perhaps an excuse for a return visit.

Camera: Fuji X-E3, Lenses:  27 f/2.8,  18-55 and 55-200.

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.