atpaula

New York newest attraction - The Vessel.

It is located at the Hudson Yards, next to B&H.
Took these yesterday.
Nikon Z6 & Zeiss 18mm f/3.5 Distagon.
Thank you for looking.

aZ6N_0488_zpsdphlodvj.jpg

aZ6N_0517_zpsdc8wlzrf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Applaud 1

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

"You are not a loser when you're defeated.
You are a loser when you quit".
(Dr. House)

Posted (edited)

What a fantastic building, and ditto images! The last one is like an hommage to Dutch graphic artist M.C. Escher (one of my favourites).

Edited by Luc de Schepper

Wow! What on earth was it built for? Just as an observation tower? Fantastic design and images, thanks for sharing. 

Great photos of a remarkable structure.

There has been a lot of controversy over photography rights in relation to this.  Basically, if you enter the property with a ticket, and post any photos online, you grant a perpetual free copyright licence to the Vessel owners to use your photographs.  This is discussed here https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/19/arts/design/hudson-yards-vessel-instagram.html

• Grimmace 1

Posted (edited)

I have resisted visiting New York because I feel increasingly uneasy in large, overcrowded cities. My wife will be on a sort of reconnaissance mission in September when she’s going to NY on a business trip. I’m curious what she will report!

Edited by Luc de Schepper

22 hours ago, Anthony said:

Great photos of a remarkable structure.

There has been a lot of controversy over photography rights in relation to this.  Basically, if you enter the property with a ticket, and post any photos online, you grant a perpetual free copyright licence to the Vessel owners to use your photographs.  This is discussed here https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/19/arts/design/hudson-yards-vessel-instagram.html

That sounds like a terrible policy. I wonder what corporate genius devised that one? 

2 hours ago, Dallas said:

That sounds like a terrible policy. I wonder what corporate genius devised that one? 

I've  seen similar terms crop up at a few different events.   Not a nice thing, but I usually  assume that they don't hang out here on Fotozones and my social media accounts are generally private so they won't get to see anything I post  there.

I just spent three days in NY, not my cup of tea but my wife loves it. 

Very expensive, and there is no saving in buying anything  at B&H compared to our local prices, unlike a few years ago. Will try to post some images with time, have some work to catch up on first. 

What a fantastic building.  And a completely captivating interior photo.  Very much enjoyed studying that photo.  

Tim

Here's a timelapse video of the construction:

Very nice time lapse. Thank you for posting.

Aguinaldo

www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Nikon / Zeiss

"You are not a loser when you're defeated.
You are a loser when you quit".
(Dr. House)