Beautiful gate, and quite an interesting explanation 

Regards,

Armando

Posted (edited)

The same scene, this time shot with a Nikon Z6. The Z6 image (edited from Jpeg, as are the X100 images above) has clearly more dynamic range. And the trees have leaves now!

33980769008_bf01e91845_h.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 2

Interesting finding about the DR of the two camera technologies.  Great subject, commentary, and treatment of it.

It is not really possible to compare the dynamic range of a scene shot in different lights and at different times of year.

9 hours ago, Anthony said:

It is not really possible to compare the dynamic range of a scene shot in different lights and at different times of year.

Also, in camera JPG isn't a good indicator of what data is actually available to process. Basically those JPG's are a "canned" interpretation of a scene by a computer inside the camera. It's what you can do with a RAW file on your own computer that really gives you an indication of useful sensor DR. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Luc de Schepper
      I feel like I'm getting to grips with the Z6 (and adjusting Nikon's weird blue hue to my personal preference).

• By Luc de Schepper
      Most of the times Friday is my day off and when the weather is ok I visit interesting Dutch cities. Last Friday I went to Kampen, located on a peninsula near the river IJssel and lake IJsselmeer. Kampen is an excellent example of a small Dutch city with a nice historic (medieval) city centre. The inhabitants of Kampen are rightly proud of their city. They were also very friendly, like they stopped their car and waited patiently when I stood on the middle of the road to shoot a photograph. Try that in Amsterdam ... Kampen has put a lot of effort in restoring old buildings and wall paintings making for great photo opportunities!   All images Fujifilm X100.   1.    2.
    • By Luc de Schepper
      This wall art by 13HOOG was commissioned by NS/Dutch Railway and the city of Amersfoort (Holland). It's located at the site where the NS/Dutch Railway used to have their maintenance and repair facilities.

Fujifilm X100

Important Information

By visiting this website you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & Guidelines.