vivionm

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggggvhhhhhhhh

47MP Leica Q2 announced.

Does this make my Leica Q obsolete?

I smell GAS ......

• Like 1

I saw the price and something swelled in my throat. 

Yep it sure does, as of now your Q is absolutely useless, got your order in yet Vivion?

From the few reviews I’ve seen so far it’s a spiffing machine, big on Leica kudos, but sadly with a Leica price tag. £4250 in the UK. Don’t hold your breathe waiting for the price to drop!

I do think the sensor is the same as the LUMIX S1R, no bad thing I suspect!

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Yes Mike,

I must admit that I  am tempted. I could unload my Q and a whole bunch of Fuji gear.

and, as evert schoolboy knows, the next Firmware update from Leica will degrade the performance of the Q by 35 percent!

No decision in haste. I will think on it some more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vivionm said:

47MP Leica Q2 announced.

Does this make my Leica Q obsolete?

No. The Leica Q was introduced just four years ago and in the hands of a good photographer still makes excellent images. I would spend the money on travelling and happily shooting with the "old" Q.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Luc de Schepper said:

No. The Leica Q was introduced just four years ago and in the hands of a good photographer still makes excellent images. I would spend the money on travelling and happily shooting with the "old" Q.

Luc,

I was joking. I like the photos I get with the Q - and it is a very nice and intuitive camera in the hand.

I will take your advice. The Q Singular, as opposed to the Q Squared, is good enough for me.

• Like 1

I quite like the idea of using the built in mpix as a zoom lens. I can remember from my D70s days 6mpix seemed to produce more than adequate images! Of course the depends what the images are like, the idea appeals!

The Q2 it seems is an example of less is more. 

The price of batteries is also eye watering. 

I also quite like the idea of the holster, I once saw an Aussie sporting one for his M10!

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

Apparently, Leica dishes out new models at the intervals similar to that of other manufacturers.  The only difference is their prices...

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

Thankfully, as far as I am concerned, the smell of GAS has diminished.

P.S. I have several Fujinon lenses if anyone is interested. The Leica Q is such a pleasure to shoot with that my Fuji XT-1 sees little use these days.