Dallas

Women In Photography

I actually know more women full time pros than I know of men in the game, so this type of sexist article from the BBC seems a little witless to me. But hey, the media have a curious agenda these days, don't they? 

On my recent Antarctic trip, I was the only male participant.  

That's very interesting, Anthony. I don't know where the media get this whole "male dominated" industry thing from. It's driven from a place of concealed agenda if you ask me. 

In construction, I’m seeing a lot of traffic control companies employing women because they can be a lot less confrontational.  

Back in the 1980s and 1990s, males (which I was part of) were dominating the professional photo market at least in my surrounding living. At that times women had a ruff time to impose themselves to the customers and newsrooms. It was even more difficult in sport photography. But their persistence and talent eventually have prevailed those obstacles and today they are effectively very present. Historically the women photographers have contributed by the sensibility and skill to the evolution of the photography as a rich testimony of times and as a true expression of a visual art.

Oh dear the eternal battle of the sexes!

I follow a few female photographers, their work is superb

I also have a few female photographer friends with whom I enjoy immensely to talk about their photo adventures, processing, equipment, nature, models, sports, anything really

Like in any other field there are good photographers of any sex