Dallas

Your Oldest Image Online?

Unfortunately I don't have any archives of my early digital work other than what I find online but Luc's recent post of an old image got me wondering about which of my images posted onto the internet is the oldest? Well, this one I dug up from about 2003, which was part of the rec.photo.equipment.35mm usenet group I used to belong to before it got overrun by trolls. Long story short, we used to have this weekly challenge and then used the forum to comment on the images submitted. This was the first one I participated in. If I recall correctly this image would have been taken with a Canon D60 and 100-400mm lens in 2003. I was on my usual pier shooting some of the early morning surfers who were practising for an international competition that was being held in Durban. Enjoy all 198kB of it! :D 

oldestimage.jpg

• Like 1

Mine was probably a version of this....

D7E_1367

the original use would have been a scan of the print and I used it as the home page image of my personal web page back in the late 1990's.   This is a newer copy from the negative at much higher resolution  😎.

• Like 2

Just found the original...

mount.jpg.2536236cf842f51727f23e2f34300c7a.jpg

This is the oldest I could find.  Nikon D2H, Micro Nikkor 55/3.5 compensating aperture.  Dated November 11, 2004.  A humble little 54kb file.  :D

DSC_8030var.jpg

• Like 2

I had a D2H once upon a time. I got it after they became passé and everyone was after the 12MP D2X. :) 

• Like 1

D2H was my first DSLR ever.  I decided to grab it for various reasons.  It could do UV and IR in addition to the normal VIS.  Also, D2H was much of a disappointment to the Nikon users, because it was promoted to offer much improved noise performance but it failed to satisfy the expectations, which pushed its second-hand price low enough to be affordable for me.  :D 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My oldest images online are scans from images I shot on slide during a 1978 motorcycle trip (I was 20 years old then) to Interlaken/Switzerland.

All images shot with a Soligor (also branded as Miranda) TM camera. At that time I didn't have any clue about more or less serious photography.

The first images I shot were on roll film shot with a Kodak Brownie look-alike my mother gave me when I was about 10 years old.

Unfortunately nothing survived in the form of prints from those early attempts.

2111566108_7a17021c03_o.jpg

2117599879_d1e4f19e9e_o.jpg

2117539633_609eb04d4d_o.jpg

Edited by Luc de Schepper
  • Like 1