Clactonian

Rhino Rockin' the Boat

Posted (edited)

Just upset some of my purist camera club folk by winning the Pictorial Natural History Competition with this image of a Rhino'. Apparently it should be in colour and not so creatively edited!

Rhino.jpg

Edited by Clactonian
  • Like 3

Still trying.

It certainly looks good to me.  B&W or mono are great choices for these animals.

Whilst not true of all camera clubs,  there are a number sadly where everyones images start looking like those of the judges..........

Congratulations Mike!  Outstanding photograph.

• Like 1

Bill

.... it all gets better as we grow younger and thinner.

I generally prefer colour and minimal processing, but this is an outstanding image.  Perhaps you need to join a different camera club!

The argument that judges of photo contests set a certain standard of own biases has been around for decades!

Perhaps choose different judges!

Mike Gorman

Lumix G9 , GX8 - Leica 12, 15, 20, 25, 42.5 - 8-18, 12-35, 12-60, 35-100, 45-175

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

I generally prefer colour and minimal processing, but this is an outstanding image.  Perhaps you need to join a different camera club!

Thanks Anthony, and as far as clubs are concerned I'm already a member of two. In my experience it is the Natural History competitions that cause more argument than any other.

The judge was fine Mike he chose it as a winner. There is a general problem however in that they have all been trained the same way and the aesthetic is often the last thing they will consider, if at all, after all the technical issues. Still it's not a life threatening issue so I can't get particularly wound up about it. In fact I find their blinkered comments quite amusing at times.

• Like 1

Still trying.

Indeed, probably best to stay after all and hope that they learn to open their minds.