Alan7140

Back to the beginning

Terrific portrait, Alan! I love the tonality. 

Thanks, Dallas - just one shot as well (my last sheet of 5x7 paper). Absolutely zero grain doing things this way - scan lines become visible before there's so much as a hint of grain, just like a collodion negative produces. Blue-sensitive emulsion as well, can be trimmed to half-plate size and processed under yellow-orange safelights, although it's not kind to any subject matter that is red or orange, which helps for rugged looking skin results, but not good for general portraits.

• Like 1

I just love the results from these traditional methods. Timeless as others have said.

Still trying.

Thanks, Luc & Mike. There will be more of this as time goes on. :D 

• Like 1

This works. I think I would like it even better w/o the burnt edges, and maybe if the left side was a bit darker (seems brightness is encroaching).

G

Posted (edited)

how long before the man was able to see again after such an intense flash?

incredible 3d appearance

Edited by armando_m

Regards,

Armando

On 01/04/2019 at 16:05, armando_m said:

how long before the man was able to see again after such an intense flash?

incredible 3d appearance

The flash was positioned mostly from the side and spread by large softboxes it's actually quite bearable, even with the studio curtains closed to eliminate double imaging between opening the manual shutter and triggering the flash by remote in the other hand, then closing the shutter again. A 3 metre white reflector gave just enough fill from the other side to reveal enough detail to make out the relevant detail in the deep shadow areas.