Luc de Schepper

NDSM Quarter / Amsterdam Noord

Luc, I enjoy your artistic representation of this attractive place.  Fuji ASTIA used to be my favorite film after Kodachrome 25, my all-time favorite, had been discontinued.

"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akiraphoto/

What a great series, Luc. Thanks for sharing with us. 

Lovely series.

Yes Astia had a good look to it - its colours were a welcome change to Kodachrome.

Great series Luc! I'll be in Amsterdam in May and this is inspiring :)

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

Thanks a lot Akira, Dallas, Hugh and Chris.  

The very good (Astia) Jpegs of the X100 are a great basis for post processing. I can edit such a Jpeg in less than a minute, processing the RAW would take more time to approach the end result shown here.

I'm feeling more and more reluctant spending long time post processing RAW images. Besides, my body is also protesting against it after 40 years of professional work in front of a computer screen.

2 hours ago, Chris Wahl said:

Great series Luc! I'll be in Amsterdam in May and this is inspiring :)

Hi Chris, if you need more info I'm willing to help. You can contact me via pm.

On 25/02/2019 at 21:58, Luc de Schepper said:

Hi Chris, if you need more info I'm willing to help. You can contact me via pm.

Thanks Luc! I will be on a business trip and I still have no idea where I am going to stay and how much spare time I will have. Once I have some more details and if it turns out that I will have some time on my hands I will get in touch with you.

again thanks for the offer!

Never mind the words ... just hum along and keep on going...

Thank you Luc for your beautiful illustrated tour of this part of Amsterdam. All your pictures are very interesting (you even seems to immortalize Miss Fashion Camera Liselotte Fleur on duty?!).

All my regards, Daniel M

A trace of light that survive a little further than the actual moment of flash.

photodanielm.blogspot.com

This series makes me want to visit the location.

My highest praise for photos.

On 01/03/2019 at 13:21, danielm said:

Thank you Luc for your beautiful illustrated tour of this part of Amsterdam. All your pictures are very interesting (you even seems to immortalize Miss Fashion Camera Liselotte Fleur on duty?!).

All my regards, Daniel M

Thanks a lot Daniel! Not sure though if she's Liselotte Fleur ;) I had to look her up on the web, do you know her (work) from a Fuji forum or elsewhere?

• Like 1

I have to say I'm pleased with the way the images turned out. It was my first photo outing this year and the sunny weather and great photo opportunities inspired me a lot. Also the limitations of the X100 (fixed focal length , slow handling/focus) forced me to carefully consider each shot. I also used the OVF exclusively because with my worsening eyesight even with glasses an older type EVF like on the X100 is difficult to cope with for me. 

Last week I bought a second-hand WCL-X100 28mm lens for the X100, looking forward to testing that one. In May my wife and I go on a cruise to the Baltics and St Petersburg, I'm considering taking just the X100 and the WCL and shoot in Jpeg.

5 minutes ago, Luc de Schepper said:

Thanks a lot Daniel! Not sure though if she's Liselotte Fleur ;) I had to look her up on the web, do you know her (work) from a Fuji forum or elsewhere?

Hi Luc, I am not sure also (It was just a guess) but you can look at her website. She recently invest into a new Fujifilm X-T3 and few Fujinon lenses. She also had done some work with the Fujifilm GFX system.

Have a good day!

A trace of light that survive a little further than the actual moment of flash.

photodanielm.blogspot.com

Since I am so late to the party, I think I will plagiarize 🤩:  Definitely bright and colorful, and makes me want to visit......but all on my own, (not plagiarizing others) they lead me to wonder what is around the corner, or inside some of the doorways, or peepholes..... Lots of questions. And surely something interesting around the corner.

Thanks,

Walton